“Wonderful surprise for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mambo Mission Style Burritos - CLOSED

Mambo Mission Style Burritos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Wonderful surprise for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Tried this place for lunch instead of going to Paul's and was a great choice. It's one of those little gems you usually only find in a major city. Got the shrimp burrito with the works. It is literally two meals. All the ingredients are top quality and fresh. I got the hot sauce which he said "is pure heat" and wow it is. I would suggest getting half as much next time but its gooood. Glad I tried the place and will return.

• Visited May 2013

“Great food, cool atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Its so refreshing to be able to get a big fresh burrito in town! My favorite is the pulled pork with chipotle crema and mambo bbq sauce. If your looking for taco bell processed garbage , this is not that place. Real, clean food for a reasonable price! I love it! Its worth getting off the thruway for.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I frequent this place and don't normally post reviews, but I felt compelled to do at the surprising poor reviews from 1 reviewer so far. This place is the best food I've eaten in Coxsackie ever! It's fresh, everything is homemade, and in my opinion they are way generous with portions. Big Bang for the buck if you are expecting quality ingredients and what have you...

I think previous reviewer doesn't get what this place is going for. They change the daily meats so they're never "out" it's just that the beef is different that day. And as far as Queso dip... I wouldn't expect to see it there - they are a "clean food" place and the Queso dip that he'd expect is most likely processed stuff you'd find on nachos.

This isn't a Mexican place, so maybe u would be disappointed if that's what you look for.... It's an American / Cali style shop. Very fresh and tasty and a big stretch from the norm in Greene county. I say thank goodness!

1 Thank CoxMom12051
Albany, New York
“They've gotten better, but still needs improvements.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Since my one star review I have since revisited and had a slightly better visit. They added a new carne asada to their menu, which was really good and was a million times better than the beef brisket.

Service again was mediocre at best, and it was still a fight to get their 'freebies'. For a $9 burrito I don't expect to feel like I'm begging when I ask for an extra container of salsa. Prices a bit high in general.

Complaints still lingering...

No queso dip yet. Not really mandatory but kind of expected at mexi places.

Visited two other times (yes i really liked the carne asada) to find out the carne asada was sold out or more likely never made. Pretty big bummer when they can't keep a menu item in stock (especially when it's a cheap cut of steak)

So I'm now borderline in recommending it, but I'd say give it a try. Subway next door is still a better value, but is unable to fulfill the Mexican crave.

Albany, New York
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

There really is nothing good I can say about this place. I had a beef brisket burrito. The black beans were like a paste and the brisket was a giant inedible wad of fat. Prices were high, staff was unpleasant and there is nothing really positive I can say.