“Great Place for a Wedding or party!”

Pegasus Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Coxsackie
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Albany, New York
“Great Place for a Wedding or party!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been to several wedding here and they are absolutely wonderful. Staff is great and food was awesome.

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
West Coxsackie, New York
“Great place for a "date" lunch.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I shared a day off without our son and enjoyed a wonderful "date" lunch here at Pegasus. The food was great and the staff was attentive. Thanks!

Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Horrible”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Went to this restuarant on our first night in coxsachie, our waitress was friendly but extremely slow. The crab cakes were tasteless with some sort of yellow stuff on top. It resembled butter but it didn't melt or have any taste. I had the special of grilled pork chop, didn't eat them, difficult to cut impossible to chew. Another had the lamb chops, they were tender but not seasoned at all with a clump of canned mint jelly. All the sides were cold and the waitress never came back to the table after delivering our meal til she brought the ticket. Very bad experience

10 Thank Vee C
Bowie, Maryland
“This is a tough one...”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

How does one reconcile painfully slow... and at times... inattentive service with service that was also friendly and courteous?

I suppose by calling it a very *average* dining experience.

I found this little hole-in-the-wall near the sleepy valley town of Coxsackie, NY while on business. It is a quaint little place, and offered a decent variety on the menu - from chicken strips to steak to soups and salads.

I had the chicken salad and a bowl of clam chowder... the chowder being the best I've had a long time (and I'm a huge chowder fan).

The help was friendly, but the waitress who served me - Virginia - was not only slow in seating me, but also neglected to check on me throughout my dining experience. Granted, she and the one other waitress working that night seemed very busy: greeting then seating customers as they came in, bussing tables, taking orders, and then handing out checks. They both were each doing the work of three people. To their credit, both ladies did maintain a kind of gentle charm and upbeat demeanor throughout the night.

This place has a "mom-and-pop" feel to it... which made it an attractive spot for this city-slickin' travel blogger used to the metropolitan chain restaurants and manufactured, processed service that is common at those places. But unless Pegasus hires some more people to help out, it may very lose its appeal and thus its out-of-town clientele who are looking for those elusive authentic dining experiences typically only found in places like this.

10 Thank jacobandjune
Burnt Hills, New York
“We had a great experience here.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We came to the Pegasus for dinner on a Sunday evening in August. The staff was wonderful. We had a group of 10 and no reservations and they were very accommodating. The waitress was busy with another large table, but served us quickly. The food was great. I would not miss the New England clam chowder if we go back again and we plan to. The menu had a lot of different selections. My husband ordered an Italian dish and he enjoyed it. My sister and I ordered a fish entree and they were both acceptable. There is a full bar. There was no kid's menu on paper or handed to us, but they offered quite a few kid-friendly selections. My daughter has a soy/milk allergy and they were extremely helpful in making her a meal that was safe and balanced. We called ahead to determine if this was possible. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013