“Baby shower done right!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pegasus Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Coxsackie
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baby shower done right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently hosted a baby shower at Pegasus. The owner worked with us to make sure every detail was perfect. She was willing to come in early to allow us to setup and served the courses around our schedule. Anything we requested was accommodated. The food was divine. You can tell they cook fresh on the premises. The staff was very attentive without being intrusive. I'll definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank smw5840

• Hebrew first
Albany, New York
“Great Place for a Wedding or party!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been to several wedding here and they are absolutely wonderful. Staff is great and food was awesome.

• Visited February 2014
West Coxsackie, New York
“Great place for a "date" lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I shared a day off without our son and enjoyed a wonderful "date" lunch here at Pegasus. The food was great and the staff was attentive. Thanks!

Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Went to this restuarant on our first night in coxsachie, our waitress was friendly but extremely slow. The crab cakes were tasteless with some sort of yellow stuff on top. It resembled butter but it didn't melt or have any taste. I had the special of grilled pork chop, didn't eat them, difficult to cut impossible to chew. Another had the lamb chops, they were tender but not seasoned at all with a clump of canned mint jelly. All the sides were cold and the waitress never came back to the table after delivering our meal til she brought the ticket. Very bad experience

• 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Vee C
Bowie, Maryland
“This is a tough one...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

How does one reconcile painfully slow... and at times... inattentive service with service that was also friendly and courteous?

I suppose by calling it a very *average* dining experience.

I found this little hole-in-the-wall near the sleepy valley town of Coxsackie, NY while on business. It is a quaint little place, and offered a decent variety on the menu - from chicken strips to steak to soups and salads.

I had the chicken salad and a bowl of clam chowder... the chowder being the best I've had a long time (and I'm a huge chowder fan).

The help was friendly, but the waitress who served me - Virginia - was not only slow in seating me, but also neglected to check on me throughout my dining experience. Granted, she and the one other waitress working that night seemed very busy: greeting then seating customers as they came in, bussing tables, taking orders, and then handing out checks. They both were each doing the work of three people. To their credit, both ladies did maintain a kind of gentle charm and upbeat demeanor throughout the night.

This place has a "mom-and-pop" feel to it... which made it an attractive spot for this city-slickin' travel blogger used to the metropolitan chain restaurants and manufactured, processed service that is common at those places. But unless Pegasus hires some more people to help out, it may very lose its appeal and thus its out-of-town clientele who are looking for those elusive authentic dining experiences typically only found in places like this.

• 4 of 5 bubbles