“Terrible Experience”

Dining options: Reservations
East Durham, NY
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Waitress came to our table, never introduced herself. Found out a check receipt her name is Virginia. She never informed us of specials as I overheard other waitresses telling other customers. Asked if we like a drink and we ordered two beers. I sent them back as they were WARM and told she would put them in the chiller to no avail, they were again WARM. It's 6:00 p.m. and no COLD beverages?? My wife ordered lobster and steak with mashed potatoes. It dawned on us, she never asked how my wife wanted the steak cooked. Nevertheless, it was well-done and not medium-rare as my wife prefers. She got a BAKED potato instead of mashed. My fisherman's platter arrived. Virginia never told me it was all FRIED. It tasted like something from a fast-food restaurant. Also it listed for $19.99 on the menu and I was charged $21.99 on my receipt. The proprietors need to TRAIN THEIR STAFF.

• Visited May 2014
12 Thank David256

• Hebrew first
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have eaten at Pegasus several times in the last few years, and every experience has been positive. The food is delicious, service is quick and courteous, and its always a comfortable environment. I have attended a wedding reception there in the larger private room which is absolutely beautiful, and the food and service on a large scale was fantastic. I was also blessed to have my baby shower there recently in the smaller private room which was perfect with a fireplace and lots of windows, very bright and inviting. The food - from the appetizers to the chicken piccata that I had with potatoes and broccoli - was yummy. My mom really loved the crab meat topped salmon. All in all, whether its for lunch/dinner or a larger private event, I highly recommend Pegasus.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rachel R
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baby shower done right!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently hosted a baby shower at Pegasus. The owner worked with us to make sure every detail was perfect. She was willing to come in early to allow us to setup and served the courses around our schedule. Anything we requested was accommodated. The food was divine. You can tell they cook fresh on the premises. The staff was very attentive without being intrusive. I'll definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank smw5840
Albany, New York
“Great Place for a Wedding or party!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been to several wedding here and they are absolutely wonderful. Staff is great and food was awesome.

• Visited February 2014
West Coxsackie, New York
“Great place for a "date" lunch.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I shared a day off without our son and enjoyed a wonderful "date" lunch here at Pegasus. The food was great and the staff was attentive. Thanks!

• Visited September 2013