“Local - greek & more”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Coxsackie
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pegasus started out as a hot dog / ice cream stand and is fully developed into a large banquet hall for receptions & weddings, a smaller room for family occasions, a bar area and a newer section to eat as well. The menu has greek entrees, as well as many traditional meat & fish dishes. They have the best lamb chops, herbed just right, very succulent. We don't look at the menu when we go there, we just get the lamb chops! 3 small ones, so I get to take home one or two for another meal.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Waitress came to our table, never introduced herself. Found out a check receipt her name is Virginia. She never informed us of specials as I overheard other waitresses telling other customers. Asked if we like a drink and we ordered two beers. I sent them back as they were WARM and told she would put them in the chiller to no avail, they were again WARM. It's 6:00 p.m. and no COLD beverages?? My wife ordered lobster and steak with mashed potatoes. It dawned on us, she never asked how my wife wanted the steak cooked. Nevertheless, it was well-done and not medium-rare as my wife prefers. She got a BAKED potato instead of mashed. My fisherman's platter arrived. Virginia never told me it was all FRIED. It tasted like something from a fast-food restaurant. Also it listed for $19.99 on the menu and I was charged $21.99 on my receipt. The proprietors need to TRAIN THEIR STAFF.

12  Thank David256
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have eaten at Pegasus several times in the last few years, and every experience has been positive. The food is delicious, service is quick and courteous, and its always a comfortable environment. I have attended a wedding reception there in the larger private room which is absolutely beautiful, and the food and service on a large scale was fantastic. I was also blessed to have my baby shower there recently in the smaller private room which was perfect with a fireplace and lots of windows, very bright and inviting. The food - from the appetizers to the chicken piccata that I had with potatoes and broccoli - was yummy. My mom really loved the crab meat topped salmon. All in all, whether its for lunch/dinner or a larger private event, I highly recommend Pegasus.

1  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently hosted a baby shower at Pegasus. The owner worked with us to make sure every detail was perfect. She was willing to come in early to allow us to setup and served the courses around our schedule. Anything we requested was accommodated. The food was divine. You can tell they cook fresh on the premises. The staff was very attentive without being intrusive. I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank smw5840
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been to several wedding here and they are absolutely wonderful. Staff is great and food was awesome.