“atmosphere is better than the food”
Review of Tenampa Restaurant - CLOSED

Tenampa Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 7 May 2013

we were a large group here and all were just ok with the food. the fireplace was nice and the atmosphere good so we might go back just for drinks, but for good mexican food there are much better choices in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

There are times when you just want standard "authentic" Tex-Mex, and you'll do okay at Tenampa. The service is good, the bar friendly, and you won't be surprised by anything on the menu. The food is just okay, but fine for generic Tex-Mex "comfort" food. If you want better Mexican look up and down the Hudson for more really authentic places.

1  Thank atravellingman
Reviewed 20 February 2013

food was just Ok, not bad but not thing to jump up about, large dishes. close to railroad. a litted dated

1  Thank ginawoo6
Reviewed 2 February 2013

A less than zero rating.

Even with my considerable creative powers, I am hard pressed to imagine a worse dining experience in my longish (61 years) lifetime--unless it was the time so long ago that I allowed my four-year-old to make breakfast for me. Even he was polite enough to ask hysterically, "So dad, do you like your food burnt, or well burnt?" I got no such consideration from the staff or wait service at this grungy, over priced, pretentious megadump. I can't even say how many things went wrong. How about everything? The food was cold when it arrived (darn, it's hard to wreck Mexican food, but these folks really specialize in it). As they carted our plates of food away, nobody asked us how the meal was (they apparently know better). It was grossly bad. Not even just a little bad, but ponderously, cruelly, contemptibly bad....the food, the service, the devil may care attitude: this is a genuinely disgusting place.

6  Thank peter k
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This Mexican restaurant delivers a good product. The food is tasty and our service was great. The menu gives you a wide variety of traditional Mexican food combined with specials. The other folks in my party enjoyed their meals very much. I wouldn't hesitate to return. Try them, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank daveanddonna_10