“Was always great -until”
Review of Tenampa Restaurant - CLOSED

Tenampa Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have always enjoyed the food here until our last visit when we found a huge bug walking in our food. We politely mentioned it to our server and she she said "OK" and took the plate and walked away. She then brought us the bill and thats that. To not even acknowledge something like that is surely enough for us to never return.

2  Thank purpelnoon

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

First time at this restaurant and we went specifically for the live music. The menu was broad and our selections were cooked to satisfaction. Try the sangria. I had the "Tres Amigos" which was a nice combo of steak, shrimp and chicken.
The music added a great touch to the evening. Will return.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Mexican is my favorite cuisine but I'll be the first to admit it's probably the easiest type of food to get right - especially considering the fact that I don't eat meat.

I've had many, many kinds of salsa and I understand everyone has different tastes but I promise you that NO ONE craves salsa that tastes like vinegar - it was beyond nasty. Oh let me take a step back and set the scene. It was a snowy night so there wasn't much of a crowd, so I assume the salsa spent a lonely day sitting out - and gettin' sour. The slow night didn't stop the waitress from disappearing for long periods of time and leaving our drinks empty. We ordered a veggie fajita and cheese enchilada. How the heck do you mess that up ? well they did. Fajita came without beans - I was charged for a tiny plate - the enchilada had a red sauce that tasted like watered down ketchup. Just plain boring and bland. This place needs to re-invent itself.

2  Thank MrOhmsWestchester_NY
Reviewed 7 May 2013

we were a large group here and all were just ok with the food. the fireplace was nice and the atmosphere good so we might go back just for drinks, but for good mexican food there are much better choices in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

There are times when you just want standard "authentic" Tex-Mex, and you'll do okay at Tenampa. The service is good, the bar friendly, and you won't be surprised by anything on the menu. The food is just okay, but fine for generic Tex-Mex "comfort" food. If you want better Mexican look up and down the Hudson for more really authentic places.

1  Thank atravellingman