“Go for brunch... you'll never go to the diner for an omelette again!”

The Tavern at Croton Landing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Go for brunch!! I took two bites of my spinach, goat cheese and caramelized onion omelette and vowed never to go to the diner for an omelette again. Definitely unrivaled.

As an added bonus, the chef is very knowledgeable about what it means to be 'gluten free' and because the omelettes and other brunch offerings are prepared at a table in the corner of the dining room, I could visibly see that he took caution with my food. The last time I was there, he even had gluten free pancakes! It was the first time I had ever been able to order pancakes in public and not have to make them for myself at home!

The only major downside that I see is the same as other people have pointed out in earlier reviews - seating is extremely limited and you often have to wait if you go there for dinner. Is it worth the wait? ABSOLUTELY. But parking is a challenge when it's packed (there's another equally parking-challenged popular restaurant, Ocean House, two doors down), and you will often need to wait for a table outside (not fun in the winter).

2  Thank Kimberley R

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We recently met for a business lunch and were greeted & served by friendly, attentive wait staff. The establishment is relatively small but filled with many locals enjoying a good selection of comfort foods and moderate selection of local craft beer. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank FamilyVisitor30
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Seating here is VERY limited. The food is EXCELLENT and the chef friendly. Staff can be an issue, as they seem to change frequently. Overall though, service is good. Saturday and Sunday Brunch is AWESOME. They make everything fresh and to order.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Dark, woody, relaxing place. The chef cooks at a station right on the floor. Food is so good! Loved the benedict with the portabella mushroom and spinach. The omelets are huge and perfectly cooked. The breakfast nachos were reportedly excellent.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

But crawl on in IT IS SO WORTH IT!! What a pleasant surprise. My cousin has been talking about this place for over a year and we finally went. What a great brunch we had! We got there and there were just two families, one inside and one out. We were a table of 5 but got there just before noon and were promptly greeted by two sweet-faced young people who served us with smiles. By the time we finished brunch there were no available tables - inside or out! So you can only guess that this is a special place.
The menu is VERY hard to pick from because everything is mouth-wateringly delicious sounding. Extremely large portions, but clearly meant for people to share. One of us had the breakfast nachos, 2 had breakfast pizzas (create your own) another had eggs Benedict and the last a build-it-yourself omelet. All was scrumptious! I can't wait to go back for dinner! Price point is great and the service even better.