“Sadly, won't be going back”
Review of Memphis Mae's

Memphis Mae's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 February 2013

As others have said, it was one of our favorites, but after the last visit, we won't be going back.

Food - 50% of our table enjoyed it; 50% not so much. Very disappointing.

Service - Server was pleasant enough, but no attention whatsoever to us during or after ordering. No up-selling, alternatives, enthusiasm offered. We waited what felt like forever with no one checking on us, asking if we want refills, appetizers (which I would have ordered to quell the roaring stomachs), apologies for taking soooo long, etc.

It seems the take out orders take priority over dining in time-wise. Food quality has gone way down over the years. Perhaps the amount of groupons and great reviews have made the demand too much for the supply.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I've been here a handful of times in the past 3 years

Pros:
Cider BBQ glazed grilled chichen
Pulled pork(no sauce)
Pulled chicken(no sauce)

Cons:
-BBq sauce has far too much smoke flavor, you will be burping it for days
-Mac N cheese is the worst I have ever had. its pretty much elbow macaroni with melted butter, cheddar, and bread crumbs melted on top. Maybe im just a snob when it comes to real mac & cheese.

Overall its okay but nothing special.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Great Food excellent service. Small seating area but they have takeout. Try the sampler platter and Fried Green Tomatoes

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Memphis Mae's is one of the few local restaurants where the food is always good and plentiful. Although everything I've had is good, I think the BBQ brisket is top-notch and I'm absolutely addicted to their fried pickles (crunchy and just a little bit spicy, absolutely not greasy). I've dined in (nice, friendly casual atmosphere) and taken out (relatively short wait; and sandwiches are packed as separate components so the bread doesn't get soggy), and it's always super good. Always my first choice when my taste buds are clamoring for BBQ...

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Went here before and after Blaze. Best triple layer Red Velvet Cake and great coffee! Service was excellent.