Alexander Hamilton House
US$124
thetimehotels.com
US$100
US$95
Nyack Motor Lodge(West Nyack)
US$84
US$154
US$145
US$192
US$150
ComfortInn
Bear Mountain Inn(Bear Mountain)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb blibrary suitehamilton househudsonairbnbevan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just stayed there with my g/f so that we could attend a show nearby. The room was VERY comfortable with a very comfortable bed. The host was quite nice and quite helpful. The view of the Hudson valley from his backyard added to the highlights of this place. I would recommend this B and B to anyone!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SKCYCLES
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The Alexander Hamilton House offers a quiet, Victorian-era refuge for travelers who are exploring the Lower Hudson River Valley. Tom, the host, cooks a superb breakfast, and is charm personified. The beds are comfy and you'll sleep like a baby. For ultimate privacy, book the
top-floor Bridal Suite, which has a wintertime view of the Hudson River (along with a great
soaking tub).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

There are many positive, accurate reviews of this B&B, so I'll supplement what's been said. We stayed in the Bridal Chamber, the entire top floor of the house. It is charming and spacious, with skylights in both the bedroom and huge bathroom. If you want to pull out the stops, this is the room to chose: king bed, working fireplace, your own dining table for in-room breakfast, 2-person Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower stall, window seat overlooking the front of the house. Croton-on-Hudson is not much of a tourist town, but it does offer easy accessibility to lower Hudson attractions, including Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The two best restaurants are in walking distance: Tagine and Justin Thyme. In the summer, there's a huge pool overlooking the Hudson. We felt very well cared for in a cozy, romantic setting that we'd do again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Although on the ground floor, the Library room was very spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I traveled to New York from New Mexico for a long weekend getaway and found our stay at the Alexander Hamilton House to be very romantic and relaxing. Tom prepared delicious breakfasts for us each morning, and we enjoyed coffee and engaging conversations with him, as her cooked. Just a short train ride and we were in Manhatten, however in this beautiful victorian we felt like we were many miles away and visiting with good friends.

Room Tip: We loved the "Turrett Room" . We took a peek in the "Bridal Suite" ...beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4pajones0403
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I am a very experienced B&B patron. The reviews for AHH made me dubious which I now find surprising. What I love about the B&B experience is that it is travel accommodation that remains exactly what it is - a house, a home with history and a lived-in reality. Many, especially American, travelers have little experience being in old houses. I chose AHH primarily for its location and was admittedly a little apprehensive about the quality of maintenance of the house. But it is charming, gigantic (for a house) and veritably alive. Even from photos, my sister in Detroit commented that all it lacked was a ghost. If you're looking for the clean-cut, fresh and new quality of much of America this place is not for you. I experienced nothing out of the ordinary of big old houses for which perfect upkeep is always a challenge. Rather, I was instantly charmed and explored for a solid hour, feeling as though the house and I got to know each other. In fact, I arrived at noon on Monday and left the house only once for about an hour until I departure after 6 Wednesday evening.

I stayed in the Turret Room. Waking with no less than 5 windows surrounding my head was glorious. The bed was very comfortable and with multiple blanket, heating and window options I believe anyone could've been easily cozy. I did have to ask Tom, the innkeeper many questions to figure everything out but wasn't at all surprised by this after getting to know the house. He was, thankfully, very accessible. I was grateful for the well-oiled door lock rather than a house key- simple and not cumbersome. There were more amenities than I would've ever needed. Each room comes with a giant binder. Yes, it's big, but took me less than ten minutes to get through and rendered Google useless. While all the info was in there, and then some, they could use a going-over and slight reorganization. Along with some menus. Breakfast wasn't earth-shattering but was simple and lovely, showing obvious care and a bit of grace. It was also yummy.

The innkeeper, Tom, is jovial and welcoming without being overly familiar. He has a genuine excitement for your individual experience, then steps back and let's you experience. He's very knowledgeable about the area as he is a frequent patron just about anywhere you can go. He was real in his suggestions without being aggressive. A charming man it was a pleasure to meet.

I'm already planning my return. I suggest you plan your first visit. Fantastic pool in the . I'm just saying...

Room Tip: There was no fitness center, that was my mistake. There are some rather large hills, however... Really depends what you personally like in a room. I feel in love with the Turret Room and will next be staying in the Master Suite. Read the website carefully and don't hesitate to contact the innkeepers with inquiries. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo