Alexander Hamilton House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Croton on Hudson
See available hotels
Budget Motor Inn(Stony Point)
  • Fitness centre
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Nyack Motor Lodge(West Nyack)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsb blibrary suitehamilton househudsonairbnbevan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We visited the Alexander Hamilton House for our first anniversary and were extremely pleased with the experience. Everyone in the small but charming town of Croton knows the inn and Tom, who runs the place. Tom was very welcoming and incredibly responsive to all of our requests. The place has an antique-y feel, both quirky and historic. The wood-burning fireplace in the master suite created the perfect end to a beautiful fall day. Watch out if you visit on a Sunday- much of the town closes down before 4pm, though we still had our choice of several excellent restaurants. Overall a lovely place and town to visit!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It can be tough to find a place to stay around Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, so I was really happy to find this place. It's just outside of the Sleepy Hollow area, but was still close and convenient enough. It was perhaps a 15 minute drive into town to do all of the activities we had planned in Sleepy Hollow. The house was really nice and located in a nice neighborhood. Free private parking in a back parking lot. We had no issues with anything in our room, the breakfast was good. And the people were all very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and used Alexander Hamilton House as our base for day trips further up into NY state and Rhode Island. The house is a very large 2 story wooden mansion built in the late 1800's and maintained to a high standard.
We stayed in two separate rooms and had a chance to peek into the other rooms as well. The first was the Turret Room which was quite large, although the dedicated bathroom is across the hall-at first I had misgivings about that aspect but it worked very well and caused no inconvenience whatsoever. The second room was the Garden Room which was a bit smaller, but large enough for our needs to be comfortable-this room had a bathroom attached.
Both rooms were very quiet, comfy beds and decor that tried to keep a connection with its heritage.
Downstairs is a huge lounge rooms, dining room and breakfast room and guests have the run of the house.
Tom is a very charming host and cooks an excellent hot breakfast which changes daily. There is of course the other cold accompaniments of cereal, and a nice touch of home baked muffins.
Tom was also very helpful with local dining suggestions, train timetables (its only 50 minutes into Grand Central station by the express) and organising our cloths washing.
If we ever return the NY I will have no hesitation in staying here again

Room Tip: Several of the rooms are slightly larger than others, such as the Turret room. Not all rooms have a bathroom attached, although those that do not have a dedicated bathroom across the hallway-not really an issue
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I stayed one week-end night in late September. I had originally arranged to stay two nights, but later cancelled one night by phone to Tom. Just before we arrived I called Tom and told his answering machine that we were on our way. When we arrived no one answered the back door (main entrance) or the front door. I noticed a light in a basement room and yoo-hooed. Tom was doing laundry and seemed surprised that we were there because, he said, he thought we had cancelled. This was strange in light of the fact that we had several prior phone conversations and he promised to send confirmations by email. We never received any (and I checked my spam file).

However we were welcomed, set a time for breakfast and settled in to our room that was as described on the website. Tom recommended "Tagine", a local restaurant that turned out to be adequate in a town not noted for exceptional dining. We had more than enough to eat and didn't forget to say who had recommended us. As we left we were surprised to see Tom at the bar, glad to see that he goes to places that he recommends.

The next morning's breakfast was ample with lots of choices.

The bill came to a figure almost $50 more that the room price listed on the website. But as the website says, “All reservations incur a 10% service charge and 7 3/4% sales tax plus 3% occupancy tax. Please calculate accordingly when budgeting your stay.” I had failed to do the math and was therefore somewhat dismayed. If you are a B&B fan this one should prove to be an interesting choice.

Room Tip: Look at the website and choose the look that appeals to you. The neighborhood is quite and the swimming pool in back looked inviting for summer visitors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was my first visit to a B & B and, based on my wonderful experience with AH House and Tom the Host, I will definitely pick a B & B over a hotel/motel in the future. The house is gorgeous, the rooms beautiful, and the breakfasts were fabulous! Tom is so friendly and welcoming. I stayed in the Victorian Room which was nice and roomy and clean. The bed was really comfy. You gotta visit the Alexander Hamilton House B & B!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo