“Seabrookshideaway”
Review of Grand Manor Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dansville
Grand Manor Suites
Reviewed 3 May 2012

A wonderful, quiet and clean family owed establishment. My husband and I enjoyed our stay here and the owner is not only very pleasant be very informative with the goings on in Dansville and the other businesses in the Dansville area. We had a pleasant stay and I highly recommend Grand Manor Suites if you want a clean comfortable and quiet place to stay while traveling or conducting business. The suites are pleasantly bright during the day and there are plenty of lights and comfortable chairs if you like to read at night with a book or e-reader.

Room Tip: Plan ahead to reserve a place this well kept my get book up fast.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Three of us needed a place in the town of Dansville and found both convenience and a home-like atmosphere in the Grand Manor Suites. The owners were helpful in describing the suites (7 of them) and answering all my questions prior to arrival. Our two-day stay was very pleasant. There was a fold-out cot in the room for the 3rd person and ample room in the living room to sleep.

The suite is much like a one-bedroom apartment. The bedroom was a good size and had a lot of closet space. The fully equipped kitchen was clean and we cooked meals both nights. The kitchen has a small table with two chairs for dining. The living room had a couch, large chair, and ottoman which was plenty of space for three adults. There was a hallway in the suite from the living room to the bedroom with a small desk and chair.

The suite was very clean and neat, nicely decorated, and provided complimentary water, coffee, and soap/shampoo. The flat screen TV was huge.

$25 extra per night for the 3rd person. At around $100 per night this is a good deal for the ammenities.

Only concerns were dial-up versus wi-fi Internet access and needed a few more towels which were readily supplied when we called. It's a small mom & pop type place so be patient with return calls and emails and if the computer is down you need to wait a day for a call back.

I didn't use the fitness/pool so can't comment on this.

We plan to return in October and have booked two suites this time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We just concluded a two night stay at the Grand Manor Suites. Most of the reviews prior to this touched on the things we liked and disliked.

Likes: HUGE apartment suite, tastefully decorated, very clean, thoughtfully appointed, with internet, Direct TV, starter amounts of complimentary bottled water, coffee and tea. Great location, within easy walking distance to several eateries. If you have stayed at other local places, this is a DREAM, compared to the NIGHTMARES we've been forced to endure in Dansville.

Dislikes: We had the front unit, #202, and the street noise is very annoying, esp. with a bar right across the street. You can hear everything on Main St. Not restful sleeping until after 2 a.m. The bed was a bit firm for my tastes, but certainly acceptable.

General: I called ahead and we arrived exactly at the time we had stated. No one was there to check us in, we had to call and wait about 15 minutes. inside, the lobby has that musty, old building smell, however there was no odor upstairs. The person that checked us in had an accent and was a bit hard to understand, but she was very friendly. She came back the second morning, when I emailed that we had no T.P., there was none to be found anywhere. As others stated, no daily room service, but for 2 nights, we didn't care.

No smoking is allowed, and no young children. (Thank you!!!!) There is a small seating area to the rear of the building with a grill. This is where you park, also. Entrances are in front and in back...all are kept locked at all times. The front staircase is much easier to navigate than the back one.

The rates apparently fluctuate; I was initially quoted a price of $119 a night, but when I confirmed, it was $109. You do get a better rate if you stay longer, say for a week or a month.

We will happily be staying here again, but will request a unit not on the front of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the front of the building...they are noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoStillerz
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was looking for a place to stay on short notice while I was doing business in Dansville. Grand Manor Suites showed up on my Droid search with Google places. I also read a few reviews and decided to call. For the price I normally pay for a nice Hotel room I got a suite. Room to breathe and do some paperwork. Instead of going out for dinner myself I went to the store and bought food to prepare in the kitchen equipped with Fridge, stove and microwave.
The room was exceptionally clean and modern. I really enjoyed being able to relax just like I was home.
Martha treated me very well and spent time helping me with a few local contacts which turned out to be very helpful.
If you need to stay a night or a month I would definately check out the Grand Manor Suites. I think you will be happy you did.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DixieChopperMark
Reviewed 22 January 2012

There used to really be only one place to stay while visiting StonyBrook, going to the NYS Balloon Festival, hiking at Letchworth, and that was a poor choice at best ( no names!) but finding Grand Manor Suites was a life saver. I've stayed there 3 times now and it was everything you hope for. The apartment ( which is really what it is) is very large ( and on one visit, I had my family, and it was comfortable for 4 people ) with every amenity in room ( full kitchen, living area, etc ) and right out in the hallway are washer/dryer.
There is a very good coffee house walking distance and Stony Brook park is about 3 minutes away...not a lot of other good dining options in the area ( Scovills may be the best bet) but Geneseo and Rochester and Conesus lake restaurants are all a reasonable distance...as others have said, on weekend nights, there is a fair amount of street noise ( less noticeable in the summer with fans going ) but this is absolutely the best option to stay in the town!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank robinsonsummerfield
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My sentiments generally echo what others have said; the bar across the street makes for a lot of noise and I am all about QUIET so that was off putting. The "old" smell is evident in the entry foyer but not in the unit where I stayed. The suite was huge (maybe 900 sf?), with a large kitchen, dining area, office alcove and lots of closet space. It was nicely outfitted and had wi-fi and Direct TV HOWEVER had I stayed about five more minutes I would have had no more toilet paper (one roll for a three day stay, and no extra to be found). Crisis averted but not thoughtful. I ran out of Kleenex night #1. Bed was comfy, place seemed very clean, almost as though it was brand new / never occupied, but I know that's not the case. There was no housekeeping during my three night stay. It was a little creepy staying there alone (with no one on site); like some B&B's I suppose but in an 1800's era building, it seemed more creepy. Not unsafe, just creepy till I got settled in, then I felt fine. (Call my big city paranoid, but I think that an inside lock and a peephole would make some feel more secure.) Owners are very nice and seemed willing to be helpful when I checked in (yes, I had to call to have someone meet me but it was no wait at all) although I didn't ask for anything as I was staying there because my family is right up the road but they were "booked full" so I took this as our family overflow. The biggest challenge to consider is the long and steep staircase to reach the second floor - 17 steps. Nicely carpeted, and there is a handrail, but I never could have carried my luggage up by myself. Good thing I was able to leave things at my folks' house, then just take a small bag for my overnight needs. If you know the area at all, you know the options for accommodations are limited, and I think this fills a niche that needed filling. I would stay again and would recommend it with the caveats mentioned.

Room Tip: don't know how the noise is in the back of the building but given that it overlooks a commercial...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This place is absolutely beautiful if you're looking for a quiet place to relax while in the Central NY area. My sister and mother and I did a trip to the Finger Lakes as well as Letchworth State Park and this place was an even 45-60 min drive to both, not bad at all considering everyhting we got to do.

I would advise trying to get a room that is not on the Main Street side since it can get a bit noisy through the night with the bars across the street, but other than that we found our suite to be pristinely clean, more than comfortable, and contained all amenities comparable to a nice condo apartment - much better than any hotel could do.

The full kitchen allowed us to cook if needed and store groceries so we didn't have to eat out every night. The price was well worth every penny spent! It is a very quiet place so the noise does have to be kept to a minimum but if you need a nice place to return to after a full day, i highly recommend Grand Manor Suites.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dansville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris
#2 of 2 in Geneseo
Best Western Maple City Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area

Been to Grand Manor Suites? Share your experiences!