“An Awesome Experience!!!!”

Sugar Creek Glen Campground
Rochester, New York, United States
“An Awesome Experience!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Going away from home sometimes turns into a challenge. Especially if you have children. You go away to refresh yourself from the everyday, hussle and bussle the business world throws yourway. I believe the answer is Sugar Creek Glen Campgrounds. The Scapes are BEAUTIFUL! the people there go out of their way to make sure no one goes without. The most fun,family environment i have ever visited. The water falls are amazing. Also, every weekend there is a different theme. For ex: Christmas in July, Birthday Party Bash Extravaganza, Water Wars, Extreme Gaming! The list just goes on and on. You owe it to yourself, to your family ,to stop in and join the fun. Thank you for the opportunity D&M. Sugar Creek Campgrounds Staff. :) See you this weekend!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jorge C

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have a seasonal site at Sugar Creek Glen and we love it there. The owners are more than accommodating and really care about their campground. They have special activities on the weekends for the kids/adults. I highly recommend that you give them a try.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

The best campground I have ever seen!
A calm and friendly location, with a creek flowing through the camping. The new management/owners are present at all time and willing to help.
The camp is located out of the town but close enough to Dansville and a small General Aviation airport. Check the special activities in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Alon P
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We ended up staying at Sugar Creek Glen as our attempt to stay at Stonybrook State Park was awful. We had a week of 90 degree heat and found ourselves running the motorhome generator much of the day. Moving down the street to Sugar Creek Glen upgraded us to electric sites along with site water. While this was our second stay at Sugar Creek Glen we were glad to see new owners this year. This is a gorgeous park alongside a creek which just needed some TLC to make it spectacular. The new owners were just what the park needed. They went out of their way to meet our request for a site right on the creek. This was important as our two girls enjoyed playing in the stream. It was nice having the kids in our view throughout the day. It also made it easy for the whole family to enjoy our daily walk up the creek to the multiple falls. We also enjoyed the weekend activities of Christmas in July. This presented a visit by Santa, small gifts for the kids, and a large camp fire. We enjoyed the time talking to all of the campers. Comments by the seasonal campers were very supportive of the new management and maintenance of the park. Our impression of everything was similar. We certainly look forward to coming back again next year to see further updates to a wonderful camp ground. Roads were slightly narrow matching previous reviews however we could easily maneuver our 35 ft motorhome without difficulties.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Joe O
Dansville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have not camped here since I was a kid, but this year bought a camper and wanted to stay local to test it out. I went camping here, and LOVE it!! I guess the previous owners were not very friendly, but the new owners are OUTSTANDING!!!! If you leave unhappy, it is because you didn't ask the owners for whatever it is that you want, because they will go completely out of their way to make anything right!! I can't say enough good things about the couple that owns this establishment, or the beauty of the campground!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CJ F
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We just got back from camping here, we loved it. Where do I start, I'm so glad I didn't listen to the reviews. The campsites and bathrooms were clean and the view so beautiful. My family and I enjoyed walking along the falls. After reading the views and going there myself I would like to ask you people where do you go CAMPING? Should we roll out the red carpet for you or stay at the Hilton people, cause we camp everywhere and this place deserves better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Kathy M
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was my fifth year (2013) camping at Sugarcreek. We fell in love with this place!! It has been a small, quiet, family campground with decent sites and being on the water is great. I was shocked this trip. First, nobody every answered the phone to make a reservation, so I did it via e-mail. I was told they were so busy getting ready for the season. Not a big deal. I confirmed my reservations a few days prior to leaving and they gave the spot I specifically wanted to someone else! That ended up working out fine because the grass was knee high for the people in the spot I requested and all the tent sites along the water. People were camping in weeds. The place was pretty vacant, less than a quarter of the sites were being occupied, that's unusual.
The store was not open the hours posted and if they saw you there they had to walk from their house to let you in for a purchase. The sink at the bathroom is broke and no toilet paper was stocked. Hot water was broke in the guys shower. The store and office is bigger, but that isn't what makes for a good camping trip. One vehicle, one tent per site? Not for a bigger family with everything that needs to be packed. They did not mention our second vehicle or tent that we had, and had to have. This is probably our last season here. I'm not sure the new owners have been camping themselves to know what campers need to have an enjoyable trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Samantha D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dansville
Quality Inn Geneseo
Hampton Inn Geneseo
Hampton Inn Geneseo
#1 of 2 in Geneseo
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area

Been to Sugar Creek Glen Campground? Share your experiences!