NYZ Apocalypse - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Fun group outing to fight zombies

Reviewed 21 July 2017
FlyDog33
Westchester County, New York
via mobile
AmaIng

I went with 4 of my friends and had an amazing time. It is a crazy experience and everyone must try... read more

Reviewed 2 May 2017
Jmt0419
Amityville, New York
via mobile

All reviews fun experience saturday night rifle laser zombie shoot
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I am going to visit tomorrow night I was wondering how much money I should bring and the hours of business.

29  Thank Brendan G
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We organized a large group of co-workers and friends for a Saturday night zombie hunt, and we had a great time. It's an "immersion" experience because as soon as you enter the sprawling, dark building, the employees are in character. The "soldiers" will yell and direct you where to go and what to do. Then you'll watch a brief intro video that sort of explains how the zombie apocalypse happened. From there, you take an elevator down a few floors (it's really just a room painted and jostled to feel like you're in an elevator) and then you're on your own. You and your team make your way through the maze and shoot "zombies" with your laser rifles. Don't worry, they're not allowed to touch you but you have to move quickly after you shoot them because they regenerate after just a few seconds. It's a fun experience fun for adults and teens, but the darkness and sudden zombie attacks are not for the faint of heart. When you're done slaying zombies and making fun of your friends for their child-like screams, you can check out the snack bar and airsoft shop which are attached to the building.

2  Thank FlyDog33
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I went with 4 of my friends and had an amazing time. It is a crazy experience and everyone must try this .

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I have gone here several times. This place is sooo much fun. You feel like you are in a movie as you go through shooting zombies. The actors are verrry good. The zombies are equipped with a sensor that reads your gun which is like lazer tag. When there sensor vibrates they 'die' for three to five seconds. within the facility there are stations where you can take a temporary break but not for too long. From the beginning you forget about the real world and it is sooo much fun. They have health warning posted for those who are strobe light sensitive or pregnant but I must warn you that they actors in the beginning curse at you like you are in the military so be aware if you are bringing younger kids. It is all apart of the show. You won't be disappointed if you are a fan of zombies. Awesome time!!!!!

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Scary, heart racing, fast paced, believable.

The actors NEVER broke character. From the minute you entered the front desk for sign up, till you left. Very good concept. Lots of fun.

1  Thank Dominick A
Reviewed 14 February 2016

This was truly a poor experience with this vendor. After calling the business at 8:00pm, I was told by an employee that there was only a thirty minute wait. We arrived at 9:00pm, and was told by the manager 'Joe', to come back in an hour. He stated large groups arrived with reservations and had the right to go through first. I understood that we were just walk-on's and had no reservations, so we went for pizza and returned in a hour. Once we arrived there was still many people on line, and there didn't seem to be any organization in the reservation process. We keep getting pushed back and reservations were put in front of us. We waited in line for another hour and fifteen minutes in very cold and uncomfortable conditions. I would not recommend this buisness, since the groupon holders are treated very poorly and were forced to wait over 2 hours for a fifteen minute experience. What makes even less sense was the group that went through the obstacle before us, came out AFTER us, which means at some point they cut our experience short. This seems very unfair considering the groupon states the full course is included in the price. On a side note, at approximately 1015pm, while still waiting on line, they closed the bathrooms, which are shared by another facility in the building.

On a side note, this experience is not for children under the age of 16. Not only was there vulgar language, there were many inappropriate sexual comments made by the staff in an attempt to be funny.

3  Thank MattyRivero
Reviewed 15 December 2015

If you like to be scared, chased or just a friendly survival compitation with friend and lots of screaming then this is the place for you. staff is a lil pushy but if works with the enviroment, there is cussing so if you are bringing children along be aware of this, at the time of our visit there was a make up artist there who would do your make up for $$. all and all it was fun for us and the kids, make sure to check your scores before giving in your tags

Reviewed 19 November 2015

If you are a fan of the Walking Dead and you want to feel what it is like to have to survive, then go down to NYZ and try it out. I don't want to give away anything about the experience but I will tell you that it blew away my expectations being a local attraction and not in the heart of Disney or Universal (but it may as well be). It is so professionally put together and the workers are all top notch.

1  Thank Dan D
Reviewed 17 September 2015

From the moment you arrive the experience starts. Everyone is in character from the second you line up at the door. Be prepared for a boot camp like experience, you're yelled at and bossed around. The staff keeps things moving, from registration to training. Once trained on their weapons systems and given a rundown on the history of the Apollo Prison you are escorted down to the prison levels. Unfortunately things deteriorated quickly and your thrust into a kill or be killed environment. The undead have made themselves at home, there are very few friendlies once you descend.

The owners and staff have done a great job setting this up. If you go in the warmer months be prepared for some heat, no AC, kind of fits in with the theme, power was lost and the undead are on the loose. Aside from the lack of AC, we had gone during the summer, my only complaint was the amount of time it lasted...not nearly long enough...we were having so much fun we were disappointed it ended so quickly. We splurged on the deluxe package and even that wasn't long enough. They'll allow groups of 5 or so, but we found that to be a little restrictive, 4 would have been perfect which is how many we were the second time we did this. The spaces can be a little confining and you want to be able to move freely and get your weapon on target quickly. We used the rifles, excellent mock ups of M4s. They had the look and feel, not to mention the action, of an actual assault rifle, very well designed.

This is a laser tag game when all is said and done. The zombies have sensor collars that you need to hit when shooting them. Players also have sensors that record your 'death'...when a zombie gets close enough you are 'infected.' Fear not, they never actually touch you, there is no inappropriate contact.

All in all just a great time. My wife, all 5'1 of her, had a ball. She was the one who found the information and organized our adventure. We plan on going again soon. I was top dog the first time through, and placed second when we went back a couple weeks later. Some may consider it a little pricey for the amount of time it lasts, but considering the effort put into it by the owners and staff it was worth it to us.

Excellent!

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

The first time I went here was Halloween. The line was 2 hours long! So that was an indication that this is a fun place. However, it is pricey, for me at least. $35 is what we paid. It doesn't sound so bad because it was a lot of fun. But it was only 15 minutes of fun for my friends and I. There's an extra level for an extra charge if you want to shoot zombies for another minute.

All in all it was fun. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially to anyone with a friend that gets scared easily. You can only go in in groups of 5 so think about the number of people you're going to take. Groups consisting of 3 people and under will most likely be joined by another small group on a busy night.

2  Thank flipinny