“Wish I Could Stay Forever........”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Deposit
Scott's Family Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deposit
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Scott's Family Resort is the best--wonderful hospitality, truly relaxing, incredibly clean, clear lake to swim in, fantastic activities all day long--water-skiing, superb dance lessons, hiking, canoeing, memorable singing rides around the lake, bocce ball, tennis, golf, enjoying 3 meals a day. Evenings--, watching the sun go down over the lake, dancing with the Lakeside Trio before and after wonderfully performed shows!! ALWAYS hard to leave this very special place, whether with family or alone, as I was this year. DEEPEST THANKS to the Scott family for such awesome memories!!

Room Tip: I, personally, prefer staying in a cottage, with a dock, so I can sit and enjoy the lapping of the w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank 511Phyllis

Reviewed 4 August 2014

At first I was shocked at how old the place is. It took about hour to get adjusted. Then the beauty and charm came out. Its hay day was about 50+ years ago.
Most everything about the place is 100 years old including the pool tables and the bowling alley. Amazing any of it even exists anymore. You can tell that back in the day they would easily have 1000 guests at a time. Giant dance hall, giant dining room, crystal clear lake, big old trees, rolling fields of grass.
The place is family run the owners cut the grass,sing, drive the bus and do everything.
They get to know and tend to the needs of every family. That said if they did not love the place it would not exist any more.
The size of the place over 1000 acres is for sure having a hard time. The staff is overworked but as I said they love it.
I am sure some developer is just waiting for them to give up and turn the place into lakefront condos.
Many people will be sad when it is gone Use it or loose it I say. It is one of the Last resorts in the mountains of New York.
Dont have any thoughts of Glamor everything is old except the beds and linen the food is wonderful, entertainment everynight.
My guess though without some new business and energy the place cannot last many more years. On a positive note the owners kids do have some children that are about 6 or 7 years old and perhaps it will last another generation.

Room Tip: You will not be in your room, We had a cottage
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tim f
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We've been coming to Scott's family resort for my entire life and could not picture a better place to come. The lake, the food, the ambiance, it's all perfect and surreal. Thanks again Scott's for another great family vacation!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Shanevince
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Scott's is a nice place for a large family gathering and offers lots of activities in a gorgeous location for all ages. Our group of over 70 family members had a really fun time together and the Scott family was very gracious and helpful. The resort has definitely seen better days and it would be a great thing if it could be renovated back to its former glory. The rooms are rough but for the most part clean and comfortable. I can deal with a rustic / campy / throwback-to-another-era room for a few days. My only complaint is the food...it was pretty terrible. It was truly hard to stomach the cuisine they offer (pun intended). It is the only reason for the average review otherwise I had a fantastic time playing and visiting with my family. I do hope the Scott family can step up their game and bring their once beautiful hotel up to modern day standards that are worth the price. Go there and a have fun, laid back time with your family but bring snacks!

Room Tip: Go there and a have fun, laid back time with your family but bring snacks!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PDXprincess
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Scotts family Resort is perfectly named!

The Scott family has created an wonderful oasis in southern NY State that our family will never forget!

We held our family reunion at Scotts, and I can absolutely say that every family member of every age found something to love about Scotts.

Scotts won me over, not by providing a resort with luxury accommodations, spa style pampering, or 5 star gourmet dining... But rather by being another kind of resort experience entirely!

The Scott family provided for our family like we were part of their family...and they have created a truly special and unique environment that offers charm, great value, and the relaxed feeling that welcomes you more like you are house guest...rather then a hotel guest.

Home cooked meals were served by friendly staff in a dining room in the main lodge. Rooms are slightly dated but very clean, and located either in the main lodge, or in cottages along a beautiful lake, and there were scores of activities to participate in so we were never bored.

We were entertained moment by moment, by members of the scott family who shared their talents and their time, and their hard work...all to insure that our family felt welcome and entertained, and that we got everything we could from our vacation.

Activities were scheduled throughout the day... And they are all offered for no additional fees!

Waterfront activities, scheduled tournaments, golf, boat rides, tubing, nature walks, bike trips, sing-alongs, dance lessons, a game room, ice cream parlor, and unlimited use of canoes and kayaks and bikes

There was entertainment every night...both for kids and adults,

At Scotts, I found myself enjoying the delightful feeling that came over me when i realized that I had just participated in several fun activities, and I felt satisfied, because I had the opportunity to have 3 filling meals that day, and I felt relaxed because I was in the middle of beautiful surroundings, being entertained and by a talented family who truly seems to enjoy what they do. Its a great feeling!

Our family enjoyed the opportunity to spend time at Scotts resort , I hope yours does too. It is a special place that offers a delightful opportunity to truly relax and experience a true vacation far from the life you have left behind...I truly recommend it!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank sandmantv
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience for our 70+ people family reunion. We did not come in with high expectations. We came to enjoy family that came from all over the country. The Scott's Family resort provided our family with one of the best memorable experiences with activities through out the day that brought us together to share some really fun times. We all felt very welcomed. We were fortunate with great weather, that helped a lot to enjoy all the outdoor activities, as there were many for all people and ages to enjoy. I wouldn't say any one of the experience was over the top, but the combined experience of it all was. The show, which I arrived late for during for my stay, and got to catch, was quite entertaining for all ages. I found out during the show that it was the family that ran the resort were performing. Unexpected, very talented and entertaining performance.
I had already spoke with Patty, Doris, and Michelle on the phone before my arrival and since we were late, I knew I was going to miss the dinner hour and asked Doris if she could save us a meal and she made sure our family had a meal waiting when we arrived. Nice welcoming.
Our room was dated, but clean and comfortable. One of the reviews I read here said it was like going to grandma's house, and I agree. It was like Ray and Doris were your grandparents, they kept their home clean, they fed you three square meals a day, and they kept you entertained. It was not a polished palace, it was homey. If you were bored, that was your fault. You could rest if you wanted to, or join in any activity. If you needed something all I did was ask and if they could accommodate they did.
They set a schedule out daily that they planned the day before depending on which family member was available to to do which type of activity that was suitable for the day. All the activities were not perfect, this is not Disney, this is real life and it is what it is, it is a hardworking, happy family, keeping up with their life's work and passion and if you have a sense of humor, were all a lot of fun!
For the singers out there, the Show Boat is very enjoyable, the songs are of yesteryear, you sang them as a kid, so you most likely will remember the words and you are provided a song book to sing a long while cruising around the lake. In between songs, Ray would tell you about places around the lake and show you points of interest.
Biking, kayaking, nature walks, canoe, paddle boats around the lake are beautiful and scenic. We brought our own kayaks and bikes, they have very nice kayaks, canoes, rowboats and paddle boat available the bikes are pedal brakes, but nice enough if you want to bike around the resort. Pitch and putt and golf was great for a lot of family members, I played in a boccie ball tournament for the first time and won, I got a straw cowboy hat for a prize, my family were jealous! ;) I got to learn an old time line dance and a square dance for the first time, and performed that night during the show, that was fun.
My uncle brought his boat but they have a boat with a planned time to bring you tubing or water skiing, they teach you what you need to know about each activity.
Some of my family members shared in an experience of painting a masterpiece, that they each painted a part of and were all very proud of creating such a beautiful picture, it was raffled off at dinner to the participants.
There was a ping pong tournament with a win of a straw cowboy hat and bragging rights! They have a great nostalgic style game room with bowling ally, (set your own pins) pool table, ping pong and table shuffle board. There was ice cream, soda and candy available. They have a happy hour with beer and wine and they have a veggie and fruit platter to enjoy with a view of the lake.
The wait staff I found to be very nice, Christie and her daughter Siera were great, the food was plentiful mix of buffet and set menu and tasty. Hint, for the meals, order as much as you want when you first place your order, there is no second orders, this helps with the guys. If you get up and go to the planned meals you are plenty full and satisfied through out the day.
This was a type of place I feel really lucky to have experience, and hope I will get too again. I describe it like the movie "Dirty Dancing" resort style, family oriented with lots of planned activities to involve everyone. I would say this is a perfect place for a large family gathering.

Room Tip: If traveling with a family the houses on the lake are great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne G
Reviewed 14 July 2014

You won't find a better place for a great time. This resort is in a great location. It sit on Lake Oquaga in Deposit, New York. It is forty-five minutes north of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, just across the state line in a quiet, off-the-beaten-path setting perfect for enjoying the outdoors, resort activities or the many facilities available. You will be amazed by the hospitality of the staff (all related), all the friendliness of the guests. Scott's is a veritable museum of period furnishings-many of which have been in the family for decades. We found this resort a tremendous value since meals and all activities are included in the price. We didn't have to go anywhere else. Everything we needed was available at the resort. We will return, as many of their guests do.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel4Fun977
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deposit
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Grand Royale Hotel
Grand Royale Hotel
#10 of 13 in Binghamton
Super 8 Sidney NY
Super 8 Sidney NY
#1 of 1 in Sidney

Been to Scott's Family Resort? Share your experiences!