“Perfect location, best hosts ever!”
Review of Dexter 1855 House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dexter
Dexter 1855 House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dexter B&B and Inns
Rochester, New York
“Perfect location, best hosts ever!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway and explore the Thousand Islands region. The Dexter 1855 House seemed like the perfect spot to stay. We stayed in the Lincoln Room. The house was clean and had lots of beautiful antiques. The breakfasts were amazing. The first morning the other guests were so enjoyable we sat at the table for 2 hours. We would definately stay again thanks to the warm hospitality, it felt like home.

Room Tip: Lincoln room is on the first floor and has it's own entrance and use of a front porch. Traffic n...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Deb and Bob were wonderful down to earth genuine folks that made you feel right at home and welcome. I enjoyed my stay so much we stayed and extra night. The breakfasts are amazing...the beds are perfect. Everything was just wonderful and we will be heading back their way one day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen_Lopez
Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Our stay was made very pleasant by the helpful host & hostess. Our breakfast choices were many and the food was good and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sprakers, NY
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I was traveling thru the thousands island area for our Honeymoon. We came across the 1855 house. Superb! enchanting, and wonderfully delightful! Our host were very down to earth and the stay was quite memorable. We are excited to be returning this fall. Hope you have room for us.....LOL Mark & Armeda Darrow Sprakers, NY

Room Tip: we stayed in the Maple Room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Norwich, Vermont
Reviewed 28 December 2011

What a delightful experience our stay was at the Dexter 1885 House! From the moment we arrived, the owners and hosts Deb and Bob Harmann made us feel like we were home and among family. Going to sleep at night was a treat, falling deeply into sleep with the luxurious high thread count sheets and fluffy duvet. We woke up in the morning to a gourmet, full course breakfast straight out of pages of Bon Appetite magazine. We recommend the 1855 Bed and Breakfast to anyone who’s looking for a special Victorian-themed get-away. We plan on treating ourselves annually to a stay in this role model Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lincoln room, which featured an enormous king-sized bed, and access to another, pri...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kate V
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Debbie and Robert are amazing hosts and made me feel welcome and right at home. I stayed at the The Leonard-Gilmore Room, a beautiful Victorian room with a large bedroom and a separate sitting area. You can feel the amount of love and care that goes into decorating and maintaining the house. When I first walked into the house, I saw a beautiful Christmas tree as well as was greeted with the smell of freshly baked cookies. If that does not get you into the holiday spirit, I don’t know what will! I felt very comfortable and safe and am so glad that I discovered this amazing B&B in Dexter, NY(no more chain hotels in Watertown for me). The breakfast was superb and I could not have asked for better hosts. I will keep coming back for all my future trips out to NY!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Naftusja G
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I loved every minute I spent in the house. The food was excellent, and Deb and Bob were very helpful with directions as well as being interesting to talk to. The food may have been the best part! Some of the best breakfast I have ever had. The overall experience at Dexter house was excellent. My whole family loved every minute of it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dexter
Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands
Ontario Place Hotel now Harbor House Inn
Ramada Watertown
Ramada Watertown
#7 of 14 in Watertown

Been to Dexter 1855 House? Share your experiences!