Dexter 1855 House
US$65
Econo Lodge(Watertown)
US$69
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at the B&B as it was so close to the White Water rafting trip we did (5 mins away)
The room was super comfortable (great mattress) and the private bathroom was nice and clean. The host Deborah was very welcoming and makes an amazing breakfast in the morning.
The whole house is full on amazing antiques all with a wonderful story.
We will be back for sure!
Tina

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Vicki S
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Have never felt so at home away from home. Dexter House is governed by a lovely hostess who welcomed us like long lost kin and catered to our every need. Our children were treated like one of her own. Comfortable and clean rooms, beautifully decorated, with all the necessary amenities. Relaxing come and go atmosphere. Will return again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was on temporary assignment working on base, at the power plant. Bob and Deb have become family. They are so wonderful, warm, and welcoming. Deb makes the most amazing meals. I highly recommend the 1855 House. I felt like family, met many of their wonderful friends, and was always warmly greeted after work.

The food is great, bed and amenities are wonderful, but best of all is the pleasant and warm atmosphere.

I will bring my family to visit the area and stay with Bob and Deb again.

It truly is a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: All the room are wonderful. I stayed in the Lincoln Room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GregTetreault
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway and explore the Thousand Islands region. The Dexter 1855 House seemed like the perfect spot to stay. We stayed in the Lincoln Room. The house was clean and had lots of beautiful antiques. The breakfasts were amazing. The first morning the other guests were so enjoyable we sat at the table for 2 hours. We would definately stay again thanks to the warm hospitality, it felt like home.

Room Tip: Lincoln room is on the first floor and has it's own entrance and use of a front porch. Traffic noise is minimal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Deb and Bob were wonderful down to earth genuine folks that made you feel right at home and welcome. I enjoyed my stay so much we stayed and extra night. The breakfasts are amazing...the beds are perfect. Everything was just wonderful and we will be heading back their way one day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business