“Awesome Lake House”

Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Cornwall, New York
“Awesome Lake House”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Our family of five stayed at the lake house. The house has all the amenities you need; two very nice decks overlooking the lake, fire pit, sand/play area and docks for our jet skis. Chris and R.J. checked on us often to make sure all our vacation needs were being met. Our family spent two nice weeks on the lake. This is our second year and we have already scheduled our weeks for next year. I would definitely recommend the lake house - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Fantastic Weekend! We stayed in a hotel style room this weekend and it was GREAT! Exactly what we expected. The grounds are well kept and the staff is very friendly. ( especially RJ who was extra helpful) Two couples stayed in one hotel style room and it was more than enough room for the weekend.
The location is good too. Close to the lake george village!
I would recommend this hotel to a friend!

Room Tip: Hotel style rooms are enough room for 4 people comfortably.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina R
South Glens Falls, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2012

my wife and i went to try to relax after a small stay in hospital in mind only to stay 1 night, we ended up staying 3 days. mike and his staff are very professional, pool and outdoor cooking area were clean and very enjoyabl. this will be a regular stop for us very relaxing and clean. recommend highly for couples and families wanting to have a good vacation. rj was forever manicuring the grounds, visit lake george without trying adirondack lodge you missed the jewel

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
CT
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I went to Diamond Point for Americade. We are last minute planners when it comes to Americade, as we like to make sure the weather is nice. Well we found the perfect place to enjoy Americade and the much needed time to ourselves. We rented the Lake House. When we arrived R.J. checked us in quickly. He was friendly and professional. The Lake House was a 1/2 mile from the main lodge. Mike was there waiting for us. He was just like R.J and very personable. Well what a weekend we had. We spent more time enjoying the Lake House then the rally. This is a great romantic getaway or for friends or family. It has it all from the comfortable king bed to the outside area with the amazing views, outside stereo, great grill that makes great steaks, to the fire pit for the cooler nights. We took it all in and if it wasn't for work we would have been there longer. We hope to return in the near future!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Paupack, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We spent 4 nights last July in one of the rooms facing the road. The rooms were not set up for an extended stay as there was not much room to unpack. There were 2 small rooms, and a bathroom that was so small it was claustrophobic. There was absolutely no where to put anything in the bathroom so we left the bag right outside the door and had to reach out for what we needed. Between the 2 rooms there were 4 drawers and 2 closets that had been built into the wall but the furniture was so close to them you could barely open them.
There is no maid service so you need to make your own bed and reuse your towels, otherwise if you opt for maid service they charge you more per day. The rooms were fairly clean, the only thing that I had to clean was the upper shelf in the closet which was very dusty and my daughter needed to put her clothes up there.
I would probably not go back there as the larger rooms are too expensive and on our first trip into Lake George I found out that parking is a nightmare so if I was going to spend more money,I would stay within walking distance to Lake George.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank dawnvdh
Valley Cottage, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2011

First time user.. and I will be going back again.... I was exactlly what we were looking for.... It was my son (who is 8) , my mother-in-law, my husband and I... Also my sister and her husband and daughter came with us.... they had there own cabin as well..... It was clean, perfectly located and just overall AWESOME.... this will be an bi- yearly vacation for us....Its a MUST stay........

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My family and I chose to stay here for a long weekend vacation and we rented a suite room with two queens. My main problem with this place is the cleanliness, or lack thereof rather. When there are cobwebs and spiders in every corner of every room, it shows me you don't really care about cleaning the room for your guests. You should be aware that if you would like room service it's an extra charge a day.

A previous reviewer was right in warning about the rooms being right on the highway, if traffic noise bothers you, you should be aware that one side faces the road. The "heated" pool was freezing which I don't really care about but at least advertise it correctly. The pool chair I went to use was covered in cobwebs so at that point a favorable review wasn't going to be happening. If it was an inexpensive motel I'd more inclined to say you get what you pay for but the price is far too steep for the rooms and facilities to be in the state they're in. And the town of Lake George really isn't that close to say it's a convenient place to stay.

I do have to say the staff was helpful when we needed their assistance but by the third day of bruising my elbow in the small shower cubicle trying to wash my hair I was ready to say goodbye.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#15 of 88 in Lake George
Hill View Cottages
Hill View Cottages
#1 of 6 in Diamond Point

Been to Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge? Share your experiences!