“Great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Villas On Lake George

The Villas On Lake George
“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice clean place a little dated however the owner are improving each unit . Staff is outstanding especially a young man name Brett! Went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and more! Centrally located to everything so you can go have your adventures and then come back and relax and hang out by the beautiful lake George!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katrina T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

nice place to visit, close to everything, Owners and staff are 5 star, needs updating which is currently taking place,access to the Lake is prefect,very clean, service is excellent, We will definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Theresa F
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Benjy K:

Lake George has been a part of my family for over 50 years - it began with my grandparents, then parents, and continues with my wife, my kids and me. We have come nearly every year for a week or two at different times of the summer over the years, from as early as July 4 weekend and as late as Labor Day weekend. In the early years we had looked at many (and stayed at some) of the resorts in Lake George Village, Diamond Point and Bolton Landing.

In 1978 we found the Thunderbird in Diamond Point (now called The Villas On Lake George), and stopped our search. We found very flexible and accommodating owners, lovely accommodations, and both a clean beach and pool.

As kids we enjoyed the row boats (now also kayaks), motor boats, and even fishing off of the dock. I still remember the many times when I used to water ski (when I was much younger). The marina has grown over the years, and they now offer more boat options as well as jet skis.

Our family always prefers cooking in, and the Kitchen suites have always been perfect for our needs providing us with a stove/oven, full size fridge, sinks and counter space. Pots, dishes, glasses and cutlery are all provided. The rooms we stay in have comfortable tables and chairs, so that the family is always able to eat together.

We have stayed in different rooms, depending on how many family members have come on the vacation, and have always found them to be comfortable. There has always been plenty of room to put our "stuff". The rooms have air conditioning for when it gets hot, and I think that each room has heaters (although I don't remember ever needing them). Each room has a TV (with cable channels), and a few years ago wi-fi was added.

I have gotten to know the Chiribogas (the family that owns and operates the resort) over the years, and they have become much more than friends. They are a wonderful family! Each year I would look forward to being able to spend our family vacation with their family.

My kids are now mostly grown up, but they, too, continue to talk about their memories in Lake George, and still want to join us when they can. We now live overseas, but we all still look forward to our annual trip to Lake George. We wouldn't even think of staying anywhere other than at The Villas on Lake George!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Benjy K
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We love it here this is my fourth year coming with my husband who's family has been staying here for over 30 years. This is a great place to make memories with your family. We even got engaged up here in front of the waterfall right off the lake. Our son is 2 and is already an avid fisherman fishing off the dock or one of rental boats offered. Highly recommended if your looking to make amazing memories with your own family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Larisa R
Carmel, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been vacationing at the Thunderbird for the past 5 or 6 years. As the Thunderbird has made the transition to the new 'Villas On Lake George/Thunderbird Resort & Marina', there have only been solid improvements made. The rooms are affordable and comfortable. The access to the lake is beautiful and easy. The grounds are lovely, as is the staff. Every year I look forward to returning and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: room #15... very nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa W
Summit, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Come prepared. It's way less than what meets the eye. Rooms are not very clean. Toilet and kitchen supplies are not in the room. Check out is too early 10am and staff is unwilling to extend even by an hour.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Mti123
Lenny C, Guest Relations Manager at The Villas On Lake George, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Kitchens are fully stocked including tableware, glassware, cookware. We make every attempt to also provide some specialty also like corkscrews, can/bottle openers etc. Sometimes we are asked for an extra large frypan, extra large pot etc. If we have it, we provide it. Unfortunately, some travelers do not ask for it and then write a negative review.
With regards our check in/out policy, almost every resort in the area has a 10am check out policy. This is easily verified. Nonetheless, most times we will gladly extend our check out policy or even offer a 2-3o'clock check out at a modest fee for keeping housekeeping staff overtime.
The reason our typical check out time is 10am is because unlike a chain hotel, most of our accommodations have full kitchens, up to 2 full baths etc, and require thorough cleaning before our next family checks in.
We understand we cannot please everyone. If you read other reviews, you will notice we go out of our way to accommodate our guests whenever possible and reasonable.

Travellers are raving about these Diamond Point hotels

orange,NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at thunderbird because you rents boats and wave runners directly from hotel rather then drive to marinas. I asked Lenny when I checked in about renting boats etc.. and he said he had no insurance but he was getting insurance monday. When I checked out on Sat. he still had no insurance. I paid extra for a hotel with a marina for convenience and I still had to drive to other marinas for water sports. My room was not updated like web site photo, room smelled moldy and kayaks .... were poorly maintained. I was told pool was also closed by Board of Health for no chlorine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#13 of 87 in Lake George
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#26 of 87 in Lake George

Been to The Villas On Lake George? Share your experiences!