I gave this one star because I can't give zero.
I wanted to rent a wave runner with my kids, and saw online that they were rented here. I called ahead to ask if they had 3 person wave runners and was told they did. I specifically mentioned that I would be taking my 2 kids out, so I needed for all 3 of us to go on one. I was assured this was OK. So, after driving 2.5 hours to get there, I was surprised to have the same woman tell me "Oh, they have 3 seats, but you can only have 2 people on them." I told her I had called and asked about this specifically, and she said "That was me. They are 3-person wave runners. We only let 2 people go on them." Further, on the phone, she had made a point to tell me that they had a room where we could change. I asked about that, and she directed me to a tiny, filthy bathroom off the lobby. there was no way we were going to change clothes in there.
The place, which calls itself a "resort" is no resort. It's a shabby, dirty, old motel.
Disgusted and frustrated, we went down the road to Chics Marina, a professional and clean marina that also rents wave runners--that 3 people can ride at once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakefront family friendly Resort, onsite marina, onsite spa services, onsite cafe. Groups, reunions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Villas On Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resort And Marina
- Thunderbird Resort & Marina Hotel Diamond Point
- The Villas On Lake George NY - Diamond Point