“A pleasant experience….!”

The Villas On Lake George
Philadelphia
“A pleasant experience….!”
Reviewed 31 May 2007

We have been to Lake George over the Memorial Day week end and stayed at Thunder Bird for 2 nights. I booked this resort before reading the other reviews (which i do not regret at all), frankly it was total pleasure trip. This is a very nice place for what you pay (slightly cheap when compared to others). They have a nice beach (small though) and pretty comfortable suites. Agree that the suites are not really new but very decent enough to spend few days. The couple who run this place was nice and responsive. Altogether I would rate this place definitely above average, one down side was they were still working on the pool (which they informed while booking). Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank manil

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dix Hills
Reviewed 31 October 2006

We sent a $245 deposit & had to cancel. They never returned the check but cashed it two months later. I've been talking to Martha about a refund but all I get is promises and no check. I see someone else's refund bounced. Surprise.

Stayed October 2006
6 Thank Dhmet

Travellers are raving about these Diamond Point hotels

NYC
Reviewed 1 August 2006

I can't believe that I stayed at the same hotel the other reviewers in this group. My husband booked this place without reading reviews, and after I had read some reviews, I have to say I was a little worried about where we were going.

I could not have been more pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this lovely, family-run, clean and friendly resort. No, it's not a fancy, five-star hotel. So, if that's what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place.

BUT, it is a wonderful motel, with basic but clean rooms, located just outside the town of Bolton Landing.

The motel has a cute and beautifully-kept beach right on the lake, with a great deck filled with sun loungers looking over the lake, and numorous boating rentals, including jet-skis, banana boat rides, tube rides, various types of motor boats rentals, and paddle boats.

The family who run the resort were nothing but polite and friendly throughout our stay, and treat every guest like old friends. The entire place has a warm, and welcoming feel.

We stayed there a few weeks ago, and even drove over two hours for the day this weekend to hang out and rent jet skis.

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN AND RECOMMENDING TO ALL OUR FRIENDS.

Give it a try!

• Liked — Staff and facilities
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — Go jet-skiing early in the day. The lake is less choppy.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank ebroomhead
Reviewed 22 June 2006

and if this was a kennel, I wouldn't let my dog stay there. I think we should jail Al Qaida there - then they'll lead us to Osama.

Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Franklin Park, NJ
Reviewed 4 June 2006

We stayed at the Thunderbird last June for Americade. It is difficult to find availability that week, and we finally found one that had rooms, for a resonable price.
We were very dissapointed in the service. The owner could not even find our reservation, but finally gave us an avialable room. It was OK.
However.... housekeeping was terrible. We could not get clean towels. I went to get them myself twice.
The toilet clogged on our very last day, so we just left it that way, and went home.
other than that, the 2-level "townhouse" with upstairs bedroom was OK. Tiny living room, but it was adequate.

Unfortunately, other friends booked it again this year for the same Americade week. I am afraid to go back, afraid of the service, and the housekeeping.

IF they cleaned up the rooms a bit, hired responsible people, and gave us TOWELS and cleaned daily, it would not be a terrible place. That is the bare minimum a motel should do.
And they cannot lose reservations!!!!!! That is the bare basics.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank CarrieGyrl123456
Reviewed 31 July 2005

The hotel s a dump! We got there and after one look at the mold in the room walked out and never came back!

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 July 2005

Made a reservation 2/05 for summer vacation; mailed deposit & requested confirmation or receipt. Owner refused to provide confirmation, then cancelled our summer vacation. We demanded the return of our deposit - owner sent us a check --- that bounced!!

I would suggest you never stay here!

Stayed July 2005
#24 of 88 in Lake George
Treasure Cove Resort
Treasure Cove Resort
#9 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to The Villas On Lake George? Share your experiences!