We contacted the resort to make reservations and were told that a payment must be made to reserve a room, but that they do not accept credit cards over the phone, so we would need to mail a money order. I found this a bit of an inconvenience, requesting your guests to send a money order just to save a few points on credit card services, but I proceeded to obtain and mail a money order to complete our reservation of 2 rooms. My parents and my husband and myself then booked our vacation time from work. I showed my 6 year old son the pictures of the resort and told him all the thing we could do there and he was very excited. 21 days after our initial phonecall I receive in the mail our money order returned and a letter advising us that the room had been let to someone else because our money order took longer than the week deadline to get to them. I guess that, due to the fact that we had to take a few days to get the money order, and we are in Canada, the letter took longer than a week to reach the resort. 13 days according the Bob. There are several things with this situation that illustrate the lack of quality customer service. First, the resort could accept credit cards over the phone. Failing that, the resort could have contacted us before renting out our room and we could have told them that we sent the money order awhile ago. And as a last resort, they should have contacted us via telephone or email (as we had previously been communicating) to advise us that we no longer held a reservation there, to allow us time to attempt to get a reservation elsewhere. Instead they mailed us a letter which we received 21 days after making the original reservation. We are supposed to be leaving in a week and a half from now so we are left with a very short amount of time to find alternate arrangements in order to salvage our vacation. In addition, Bob was quite rude on the phone when we contacted him about recieving his letter and actually went so far as to insult my husband, calling him "condescending". I am sure that Bob will address this review on trip advisor shortly with some defense of his actions pointing to their policies on their website, but I think that a resort's policy should also include some common sense, decency and a genuine attempt at customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort on Lake George is a "Family Atmosphere" lakeside resort motel offering comfortable 1 and 2 room accommodations on our private wide natural sand beach and shallow swimming area. We're located at the widest part of Lake George with spectacular 15 mile views, lakeside rooms, Free kayaks, Free Wi-Fi, private beach, dock, fridges, microwaves, playgrounds, ping-pong, b-ball, BBQ and picnic areas, lakeside fire pit, we're on Lake George trolley line, close to Lake George Village, and close to all restaurants and attractions! We're fun for the entire family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Golden Sands Resort on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George Hotel Diamond Point
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George NY - Diamond Point