We spent a week in cottage #7, and thought the price was reasonable. It's a cottage, not a super-modern hotel room, so as my 6-year-old son put it "there sure is a lot of wood". If your looking for a nice rustic place away from super motel chains, I thought it was perfect. The kitchen was stocked with all the essentials, and we wound up barbecuing just about every day of our trip.
The beach was fantastic with crystal clear water and a nice sandy beach. The rope tie offs went out to maybe 2 or 2.5 feet deep, which thrilled my youngest who can't swim yet. We hit the beach every day, and also got canoe and my son Kayaked in the small swimming area all by himself (a big thrill for a 6 year old).
The playground, ping-pong table, and game room also scored high points. I have to say that this is the first time I ever stayed at a place where my kids would say "I'm going to the beach" or "I'm going to the swings" and I would let them go and explore (though, we still watched them). The grounds were great.
John and his wife were very friendly. He gave good advice on the area, in particular the fishing and where to take a boat (a shallow swimming spot where the kids could jump off the boat and play in the water was a memorable experience). If you visit this place and don't get John's opinion, you're making a mistake.
The bonfire on the beach was another memorable moment.
Diamond Cove is conveniently located between Bolton Landing and Lake George Village, which are both nice places to go with the family.
The grounds are visited by ducks and seagulls, and at sunset get beautiful light for pictures on the beach. I'll try to upload some photos if I can figure out how.
The worst thing I can say about the place is that they need new ping pong balls, but we never mentioned it to the management.
A great stay, and my thanks to John and his family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake George Cottages, Cabins Hotel and Suites. Lake George NY Family Vacation Resort. Kitchen Facilities, BBQ Grill, Spa, Fitness Center, Boats, Docks, Charter Fishing, Private Boat Tours, Kayaks, Row boats, Playground, Game Room, Basketball, Ping Pong, Private Beach, Level Grounds, Magnificent Views & Much More. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diamond Cove Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cove Cottages Hotel Diamond Point
- Diamond Cove Cottages Lake George, NY - Diamond Point