We stayed at the Diamond Cove Cottages for a week during the peak season. We were in Cottage #2 which is only a stones throw from the beach. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and while there were several families staying there at the same time, I still felt like we had our own private beach and playground during the day at different times. The beach was perfect for small children because it is a shallow entrance and my four year old was able to stand in the entire roped off area. The sandy beach was great for building sand castles and getting that "beachy" feel. They also provided really nice and comfortable beach chairs. We never missed a pool. The beach was all we needed! They had bonfires on the beach at night which we didn't make it too because our little ones fell asleep and we missing it-but maybe next year!
The accomodations were nice and included a private deck and a private charcoal grill which was cleaned and emptied every day. Our cottage had two bedrooms which was wonderful for me and my husband because after the kids went to bed we didn't have to! We could sit out on the deck or sit in the cottage and relax while they slept in another room. We also had a large futon that was as comfortable as a futon can be. It added another sleeping area if we needed it. Diamond Point is a short drive to the center of Lake George Village, but it is worth the extra 5-7 minutes.
The kitchen was functional and had the minimum for utensils so if you are planning to make anything special bring your utensils and pots or pans. The bathrooms do not have a tub which can be tough with small children but we made it work. My pregnant sister stayed in one of the efficiency units and she said that her belly barely fit in the shower stall with her so keep that in mind if you are late into a pregnancy or a larger person. There is a fitness center and game room (well the game room has four games, but it is entertaining for a bit if you have some rain or need to fill some time before your next adventure).
The Santiago's are wonderful hosts and we really enjoyed their hospitality. They were helpful and kind. It felt like they were welcoming us to their home instead of a vacation place. We would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake George Cottages, Cabins Hotel and Suites. Lake George NY Family Vacation Resort. Kitchen Facilities, BBQ Grill, Spa, Fitness Center, Boats, Docks, Charter Fishing, Private Boat Tours, Kayaks, Row boats, Playground, Game Room, Basketball, Ping Pong, Private Beach, Level Grounds, Magnificent Views & Much More. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Diamond Cove Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cove Cottages Hotel Diamond Point
- Diamond Cove Cottages Lake George, NY - Diamond Point