After getting horribly lost, and medical issues being of concern on top of that, we were so late in getting to the Blue Lagoon, we feared we'd missed check in time and be sent away, or some other unfortunate circumstance - but there, taped to the door of the closed office, was a note for us, stating that the office was closed, "sorry we missed you", the cottage was left open, keys inside, and a light left on for us! A polite request to visit the office in the morning to properly check in was all that was asked of us. The flood of relief was nothing compared to our amazement when we entered cottage #4 (one of about a dozen or so). Beautiful high ceilings, shining wood paneling, lovely hanging light fixtures, over-stuffed sofas, flat screen t.v., a small fully functional kitchenette with microwave, full fridge, stove, cabinets, and all fully stocked with plates, utensils, cups and glasses. The bathroom included a full size bathub/shower. We were informed when we booked on line that we needed to bring our own towels, which we usually do anyway, but there were towels provided. The bedrooms even had baseboard heating...( but be repectful of the propane wall mounted heater in the living room- even on low setting, the heat was serious!) - we felt we'd crossed directly from Hades to Heaven. And here's the icing on the cake - everything, and I mean EVERYTHING- was absolutely immaculate. And the location is perfect- just far enough from Lake George Village (a short and scenic ride), and the cottages are all situated so that each one gets a beautiful lake view from the picure window in the living room. You can also park your vehicle just outside your cabin, so unpacking and packing is a breeze. There is also a phone for free local calls only, but the office staff were very kind and understanding when we needed to make and emergency phone call out of state to a relative that lived in a no-cellphone-reception area, and we needed a land line. They simply let us use the office phone, and asked for nothing (even though we insisted on leaving a payment, they fought us about taking it!). There are also rowboats, kayaks, paddles and life vests all for free use, and a nightly bonfire. Most cottages also have a barbeque and picnic table. Honestly, we couldn't see where anyone could want for more, it genuinely was one of the most beautiful - no, THE most beautiful place we've ever stayed along the lake. We were here after labor day, but I'm told the summer months are fabulous for families and children, although they are not pet fiendly. There was also docking for boats. Word to the wise - BOOK EARLY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage and Efficiencies on the shores of Lake George. Blue Lagoon Resort is a family resort with several amenities including 200 foot sandy beach, kayaks and rowboats, barbeques and picnic tables, outdoor games, childrens' playground and free wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Diamond Point
- Blue Lagoon Lake George
- Blue Lagoon Resort Lake George, NY - Diamond Point