My family and I have been vataioning at the Blue Lagoon resort for the past 17-years. WHy you might ask, because a stay at the Blue Lagoon Resort is like a home away from home. Let's start with the cabins, rustic yet modern thanks to the money reinvested into the resort by Tom and Michelle. The cabins have that Adorondack feel, knotted pine exterior a roomy enough for a family of four. Kitches are nicely stocked with plates, silverware, glasses and cook ware and you have that choice of cooking in (stove.oven) or out and the Charcoal grills that are set up near your cabin with picnic tables. There is even a dishwasher inside and yes who in the world wants to wash dishes on vacation. The ammenities around the resort are of course the lake with ample chairs or lounge chairs around the beach (with shaded trees too), row boat, my favorite to row out sit in the anchored boat and reel in trout, large mount and small mouth bass that are abundant around the lake. There are kyacks and canoes and like jackets too. In the evenings there is always a supply of firewood for those nightly campfires.
As owners/ host and hostess Tom and Michelle are tops. They care that all who attend have a great vacation and they are a wealth of inforamtion about the area. Want to dine out casual or formal, Tom and Michelle know where to send you. Want to do some touring around the area, Tom and Michelle got that covered too. Something not quite working in the cabin???? up to the office and it is repaired. With hospitality like that and all the beauty of Lake George at your finger tips why would one NOT want to return year after year after year......
The Blue Lagoon has been our vacation spot for the last 18-years. School lets out where we live and we are off. Even when I thought our kids were getting older (they are now in college) we thought they'd grow tired of the place, but not so. this is a place where my kids hope one day to bring their familieis and keep the tradition going at Blue Lagoon. The place is truly special and memorable and we have made great friends with other guest who return year after year after year after year......
The worst part of Blue Lagoon is having to say "good bye" for another year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage and Efficiencies on the shores of Lake George. Blue Lagoon Resort is a family resort with several amenities including 200 foot sandy beach, kayaks and rowboats, barbeques and picnic tables, outdoor games, childrens' playground and free wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Diamond Point
- Blue Lagoon Lake George
- Blue Lagoon Resort Lake George, NY - Diamond Point