“Wouldn't go anywhere else!”

Flamingo Resort on Lake George
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Wouldn't go anywhere else!”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is my 12th year at the Flamingo Resort in Diamond Point, NY. This hotel which is located 4 miles from downtown Lake Georgo and a few miles from Bolton Landing. When I think of the Flamingo, I think of no stress, peacefulness, family, friends, and fun. The amenities are great. They have updated the rooms, added a new floating dock, provide free kayaks and rowboats, horseshoes, paddle balls, volleyball, and tons of boating options nearby. The view is spectacular and the beachfront is breathtaking.They have a high dock area to escape with a book and sunbathe and also a dock level to the beach front. They also now have a new floating dock. This is a place perfect for all ages. It doesn't get any better than the Flamingo. The location is outstanding, away from the commotion of downtown but also close to Bolton Landing. What I love the best are the families that the Flamingo brings together, the friendliness of the owners (George and Laura), the view, the comforts of the room, the service, and amenities. This is by far the best value for the money with all of the extras that you couldn't put a price tag on.

Room Tip: Lake Side rooms are best. Just steps from the beachfront.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhonda M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spent our week long vacation for the first time at the Flamingo.What a great time!The staff and the view are both awesome.The bridge at the beach keeps the kids jumping all day.I heard a man complain about not enough beach chairs in the morning,by 6pm that day I saw a truck pull up full of more beach chairs-that's great service! We met wonderful people that come back year after year.I am glad to say that our family will be joining them as a repeat guests.When we left we were already making plans to come back next year-that's a great vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank mike455
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was my second time up at Lake George. The first time I stayed at another resort which was much more expensive and had far fewer amenities. I was there the second week of July and had a great time on the lake. They had a place for me to keep my jetski and trailer and the staff was very helpful in getting the ski launched. I hope to visit again next year.

Room Tip: You can't beat the rooms with kitchens in them. They are close to the water and the extra price...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe D
Kings Park, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I grew up spending the month of August at the former "Marathon Flamingo". I am now 47 and brought my kids there for the first time last year. This summer that was the only place they wanted to go! It is a typical Lake George getaway - nothing extravagant (cabins) but clean and the staff will help you with anything you need. There resort is divided by Route 9 (Lake Shore Drive) so there is the "Lake side" and the "mountain side". Mr. Pasternak passed away some years ago and the resort is now run by his children, George and Christina. It has come a long way since the kids own it - they have put a lot back into the resort and it shows. the beach is great - plenty of beach front and decks to sun on. You can rent a boat right next door if you wish. We also utilized their kayaks and row boats and found everything to be in great shape. We are returning in a few weeks and I can't wait to go back. Some great memories to be made for you and yours at the Flamingo on Lake George.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with someone that needs assistance, you are better off staying on the "lak...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jean W
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My fiance and I stayed here last weekend for 3 nights (Saturday night-Monday night). The first night, there were a lot of other visitors, so it certainly wasn't the most quiet getaway, but once Sunday evening came around, the place was almost empty by us. We were on the beach side, so we didn't have to cross the road to get to the lake, which was nice. There are plenty of lawn chairs on two decks as well as a small beach. There are a few row boats and kayaks that you can borrow for up to 2 hours for free, which we enjoyed, although the row boat we chose had a bent part where the oar connected, making it difficult to row evenly, but we were too lazy to go back and get another boat. There are also BBQ grills, ping pong, horseshoes, and a game room. It would be great to come with the family.

The rooms are definitely outdated, but clean. The shower was spotless, and the windows all had screens, so we didn't get any bugbites at all. It's about a 15 minute drive to Lake George Village, which is nice. Not too far.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lake side of the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank litlhafgost
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I found the flamingo online and could not be more pleased with my stay here. I cannot understand any negative reviews. The rooms are not dated, but cabin like and cozy.YOU ARE STAYING ON A LAKE IN THE MOUNTAINS!!! Of course the decor is going to match. What matters is that they are CLEAN! Every time I go away I do much research as I am terrified of winding up somewhere dirty, and this hotel is immaculate! The owners and staff are so helpful and friendly. The hotel has a lake side and a mountain side. I stayed on the lake side. What an amazing view. They have 2 pools, grills for your use all over the property, a game room, 2 play grounds, and run a fishing charter from the dock. It is located right outside the village, so it is very close to go in for dinner, shopping, etc at any time. And it is also close to Bolton Landing which has great places to eat also. I had the best time staying at the Flamingo and STRONGLY recommend anyone to stay here, and also take advantage of the charter service!

Room Tip: Lake side is close to water, but very steep downhill. So if you plan on parking downhill near lake a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We had a wonderful stay here! I had to change my reservation 3 times, the owners were so understanding and accomadating. Very helpful during our stay as well. Great facilities, our housekeeping unit was very large, everything you might need,the pools are open late which is great, close enough to town to easily go in, but out of the chaos, peaceful, to lake swim or take out the boats. While the mountain side units are quieter and better views, if you have small kids, I would pick lakeside so they dont have to cross the street.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 9 in Diamond Point
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Flamingo Resort on Lake George? Share your experiences!