“It's a sercet place around lake george”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diamond Point
Twin Pines onTrout Lake
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I think the last review seems unfair
though the resort is ok a little bit rusted .but they offer kitchen and cooking staff ..and the lake is private also they offer many kinds of boats and equipments ..I went fishing everyday .
It also has BBQ outside and camp fire equipments ..compare with lake george's crowdy and noise ..this is like a gem in that area ..when we arrive that's even no vancany .
yes ..there is no TV and phone in the room ..and let me feel back my grandparents house ..but its still good feeling ..that's really a wonderful place to retreat and give yourselve to " waiting upon God "

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank StaceyNJ

Reviewed 26 August 2007

I’ll try to keep this short and relatively concise:

1.The Room: While it was hardly roomy, we did manage to fit a family of four, including a play pen. It wasn’t the space that bothered us, however, it was the cleanliness: there were discarded potato chips right outside our door, the room had a musty smell, there were no fitted sheets on the bed, and my wife’s pillow smelled as if it had never been washed. To compensate, I put one of my old t-shirts over it so that she could rest her head. Kind of makes you long for your own bed, huh? At least from the outside, the other buildings didn’t seem to be in any better shape, except for the building that housed the front office, which was decent. Too bad they don’t rent that out to paying customers.
2.The Recreation Room: The “Wreck” room would be a better name for this building, with its broken window panes, dried bird feces in the corners, and splintered ping-pong tables that lacked ping pong balls. It housed an eight track player (!), a broken juke box and a beat-up VCR that we actually managed to hook up to play some dusty old videos that we found lying around. Loads of family fun!
3.The Lake: Really nice, I must say: clean, with a nice little beach. There were rowboats and canoes available. No complaints.
4.Activities: When we inquired about the advertised movie nights we were told that they no longer had them because of lack of interest. Campfire? Well, the one outside our room had foot-high weeds growing from it. When we asked about wood, we were offered a tow-truck-full for about forty dollars, which seems excessive when you consider how much you pay for a room and “free” activities. No wonder ours and the rest of the camp fire rings seemed unused. That was about the extent of the activities at this “family resort.”
5.Summary: My wife and I don’t consider ourselves overly picky and didn’t book this place expecting The Four Seasons. But we did expect a certain level of basic cleanliness and comfort. This expectation was not met, to say the least, and, rather than spend another night in such squalor, we cut our trip short and left after just one night. (We had booked four nights.) My suggestion is that you save yourself the headache and the money and stay somewhere else. (Preferably somewhere with a Triple A rating.)

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank rafterpd