“Wish we could have stayed longer!”

South Glenora Tree Farm B&B
Ranked #9 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This B&B is in a great location, and Steve is the ultimate host! The guest area is on a separate level from the owner's living quarters, so guests are offered free reign of the kitchen and living areas. We enjoyed the cool evening breeze and visiting with other guests on the covered porch. Make sure you as Steve for suggestions of what to do while in the area - he's full of great information. Will definitely be back when we can stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the tree farm! The rooms were great, the atmosphere was great, and the food was great. It is quiet and peaceful. When there, take the time to hike the beautiful acreage. Steve is a kind and welcoming host whose priority is to ensure your pleasure. He is very knowledgable about the area and can advise you on anything. He takes great pride in his business and it certainly shows! The location is right in the middle of Seneca Lake wine country, minutes away from Watkins Glen, yet tucked away pleasantly in the wood.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

A Return
Recently I wanted to return to the Finger Lakes Region of NY, specifically Seneca Lake. It had been nine years. I knew the reason 'why' for this return - but 'when', and 'where'?
'When' soon took care of itself after reviewing the work schedule.
And 'Where'?
Ah, that was easy! South Glenora Tree Farm B&B! Over nine years ago when I was a resident of nearby Rock Stream, Steve and Judi had graciously given me access to their hiking trails - to walk and to photograph at will. But I had never been a guest at the inn...
My stay in June of 2010 was an absolute delight!
From the immediate sense of relaxation and comfort to the scrumptuous breakfasts, out- of-this-world coffee, to the quiet quiet oh so quiet nights for good sleep!
The setting is perfect - on a dirt road travelled lightly by locals, among evergreens that make up the 'farm'. And bird song! This happened to be a very 'birdy' time of year. My impromptu list grew each morning on the walks I took before breakfast - bluebirds, hummingbirds, barn swallows, rose breasted grosbeaks, common yellow throats, orioles, meadowlarks, pileated woodpeckers, veeries, white breasted nuthatches - I even had a wild turkey descend from a tree not 30 feet from me as I sat still against a tree writing in my journal. On the following morning near where the hen had dropped down i noticed what may have brought her to that place. A huge tree root had been upended and in the bare earth it was obvious turkeys had been there to dust themselves - as i found several turkey feathers in the softened dirt. Chipmunks galore!
A buck deer snorted at me as I came into his view one early morning.
Its easy to imagine the beauty of this bed & breakfast in other seasons -fall foliage in full splendor, winter's blankets both thin and thick, spring bursting furth with new growth and new green. And I'm sure Steve and Judi find unique suggestions for their guests in all those seasons, as they did for us who were staying there this time in June.
Each morning, Judi kindly served us guests and made sure we had everything at hand. Steve was in close proximity there in the kitchen, which gave him the opportunity to join in our table conversations.
You have a sense of friendship and genuine care at Tree Farm B&B - Steve and Judi want their guests to feel at home, indeed the B&B is 'your home' during your entire stay.
Will I return?
Oh yes! and if you are "on the fence" concerning 'where' to stay along Seneca Lake, take my suggestion, and try South Glenora Tree Farm B&B. You will appreciate the convenient location, the peaceful setting, and the impeccable attention paid to you by Steve and Judi. Have Fun!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I reluctantly write this review because I know it will hurt my chances of getting a room in the future. Once the secret is out, if it is a secret, more people will want to stay here.
With only 5 rooms available demand will become may become too great.
Judy and Steve are fantastic hosts, The breakfast was as advertised, incredible. A very relaxing comfortable setting. I know the weekend we stayed most guests booked their next stay, BEFORE they left. Nice bike riding, walking trails, easy access to Watkins Glen.
What more could one ask for. Thanks again Steve and Judy !!! And no, I wasn't paid to write this. Tim B.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

What an awesome place to stay - I am so glad my husband was recommended your place, as we will always come back to the tree farm when we want to visit the area!! The breakfast - left us full enough and kept us going thru until dinner time!! Lovely place, great host/hostess - loved meeting/walking Nikki the cocker spaniel as well as meeting the other guests. Highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed 14 June 2010

Looking for a great place to relax and enjoy a great break from the ordinary with gracious hosts? You found it @ the South Glenora Tree Farm B&B. Clean and comfortable bedrooms. Spacious common area with cozy seating. Sit and browse through the informative books and brochures about the Finger Lakes area or ask your knowledgeable hosts, Steve and Judi, for guidance in planning your days. Enjoy the great breakfasts @ the massive dining room table. You won't go away hungry! Great conversation, comfortable rooms in a country setting. Return home refreshed and renewed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This clearly is what the standard for B&B should be when looking up in the dictionary! Steve and Judi should give seminars to other B&B's so they are aware of how is should be done. The food, the rooms. the views.. They treat us like family. The stories they tell, and the hospitality.. This truly was an amazing place for an amazing time in our lives.

Keith/Ali

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars
The 1819 Red Brick Inn - A Bed and Breakfast
1897 Beekman House
1897 Beekman House
#1 of 11 in Dundee

Been to South Glenora Tree Farm B&B? Share your experiences!