South Glenora Tree Farm B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$111
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
  • Free Internet
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$94
BestWestern.com
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
US$64
US$58
All reviewssitting areared brick innbed breakfaststuffed french toastbreakfast was amazingplace to staykimfirdvdtelevisionwineriescomfortlakeswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We just returned from our 9th stay with Steve at the Tree Farm. This was for my 50th High School reunion. But we have stayed for no reason except it is "THE" place to stay. Middle of the Seneca Wine Trail, near Watkins Glen and the International Speedway, Watkins Glen State Park and hundreds of other things to do all within less than 30 minutes drive.. Watkins Glen is 8 - 10 minutes. The rooms are great, each with a private bath. The wrap around porch is great, last year my bride and I sat for 2 days and watched the grass grow and read. The Tree Farm trail is an enjoyable walk and in the shade on a warm sunny day.
My favorite meal of the day, anytime of day is breakfast. Steve cooks a breakfast that is fit for a lumber jack or for someone trying to watch the waist line. Steve is a most gracious host who's only requests are a saucer under the coffee cup and to enjoy your stay not, only at his home but in the entire area.
We have met people at breakfast 2 or 3 years in a row and enjoy catching up on the years happenings in each others lives. Steve also remembers your past stays so is also a part of the conversation of which there is plenty . No silence. Breakfast also includes fresh fruit, several cakes and pastries and a bottomless coffee pot.
Steve, I am glad you came into our lives. Already looking forward to next years visit. With my bride in retirement I am thinking of a fall retreat. We will be driving up you driveway before you know it. Thank you for 9 outstanding weekends and a great friendship.
This is not our only experience at a B & B. This is a "10" type of experience. In the questions below it is asked of a hotel. This is a Bed & Breakfast but it has amenities that a hotel does not have. Is it a business center? If you want a business meeting, Steve will probably make some arrangements for you. I does not have a fitness center as such but you can run or walk the trail through the tree farm. Why would you want to take a computer to a Bed & Breakfast? For the swimmer Seneca Lake is just minutes away.

1  Thank scouch42
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This B&B is in a great location, and Steve is the ultimate host! The guest area is on a separate level from the owner's living quarters, so guests are offered free reign of the kitchen and living areas. We enjoyed the cool evening breeze and visiting with other guests on the covered porch. Make sure you as Steve for suggestions of what to do while in the area - he's full of great information. Will definitely be back when we can stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the tree farm! The rooms were great, the atmosphere was great, and the food was great. It is quiet and peaceful. When there, take the time to hike the beautiful acreage. Steve is a kind and welcoming host whose priority is to ensure your pleasure. He is very knowledgable about the area and can advise you on anything. He takes great pride in his business and it certainly shows! The location is right in the middle of Seneca Lake wine country, minutes away from Watkins Glen, yet tucked away pleasantly in the wood.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

A Return
Recently I wanted to return to the Finger Lakes Region of NY, specifically Seneca Lake. It had been nine years. I knew the reason 'why' for this return - but 'when', and 'where'?
'When' soon took care of itself after reviewing the work schedule.
And 'Where'?
Ah, that was easy! South Glenora Tree Farm B&B! Over nine years ago when I was a resident of nearby Rock Stream, Steve and Judi had graciously given me access to their hiking trails - to walk and to photograph at will. But I had never been a guest at the inn...
My stay in June of 2010 was an absolute delight!
From the immediate sense of relaxation and comfort to the scrumptuous breakfasts, out- of-this-world coffee, to the quiet quiet oh so quiet nights for good sleep!
The setting is perfect - on a dirt road travelled lightly by locals, among evergreens that make up the 'farm'. And bird song! This happened to be a very 'birdy' time of year. My impromptu list grew each morning on the walks I took before breakfast - bluebirds, hummingbirds, barn swallows, rose breasted grosbeaks, common yellow throats, orioles, meadowlarks, pileated woodpeckers, veeries, white breasted nuthatches - I even had a wild turkey descend from a tree not 30 feet from me as I sat still against a tree writing in my journal. On the following morning near where the hen had dropped down i noticed what may have brought her to that place. A huge tree root had been upended and in the bare earth it was obvious turkeys had been there to dust themselves - as i found several turkey feathers in the softened dirt. Chipmunks galore!
A buck deer snorted at me as I came into his view one early morning.
Its easy to imagine the beauty of this bed & breakfast in other seasons -fall foliage in full splendor, winter's blankets both thin and thick, spring bursting furth with new growth and new green. And I'm sure Steve and Judi find unique suggestions for their guests in all those seasons, as they did for us who were staying there this time in June.
Each morning, Judi kindly served us guests and made sure we had everything at hand. Steve was in close proximity there in the kitchen, which gave him the opportunity to join in our table conversations.
You have a sense of friendship and genuine care at Tree Farm B&B - Steve and Judi want their guests to feel at home, indeed the B&B is 'your home' during your entire stay.
Will I return?
Oh yes! and if you are "on the fence" concerning 'where' to stay along Seneca Lake, take my suggestion, and try South Glenora Tree Farm B&B. You will appreciate the convenient location, the peaceful setting, and the impeccable attention paid to you by Steve and Judi. Have Fun!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I reluctantly write this review because I know it will hurt my chances of getting a room in the future. Once the secret is out, if it is a secret, more people will want to stay here.
With only 5 rooms available demand will become may become too great.
Judy and Steve are fantastic hosts, The breakfast was as advertised, incredible. A very relaxing comfortable setting. I know the weekend we stayed most guests booked their next stay, BEFORE they left. Nice bike riding, walking trails, easy access to Watkins Glen.
What more could one ask for. Thanks again Steve and Judy !!! And no, I wasn't paid to write this. Tim B.