South Glenora Tree Farm B&B
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$96
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
US$79
US$72
All reviewssitting areared brick innbed breakfaststuffed french toastbreakfast was amazingplace to staykimfirdvdtelevisionwineriescomfortlakeswedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2010

His name is Steve and he has quite the charm. We stayed for 4 days and had wonderful breakfasts and conversation. I also watched this man deal with people that in my opinion were difficult but he appeased them because it was his job. The rooms were clean, the property was beautiful, the food was above board and the man behind everything was strong and yet compromising and always willing to please. God Bless you Steve and be well. Harold and Nancy Young! See you again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The Tree Farm B&B is by far the best B&B out there. (And i have been to quite a lot.) Steve (the host) is a great guy. He is friendly and welcoming without being tacky or annoying. Everyday he cooked up something new for breakfast. It was absolutely terrific. Steve is probably the best cook I ever meet. Their are so many things to choose from at breakfast, making it impossible to not find something you like. (Even for picky eaters like me.)
Steve's property is astonishing. On the last day of our stay he took me in his truck around the area. The meadows, forests, trails, and stream on the 110 acre land are truly beautiful.
My dad and I stayed at "the sweet." The rooms were clean and comfortable. Their was a porch and fireplace in our suite, along with private bath, fridge, and TV. Steve made it feel like for the time of your stay, the whole place was as much yours as Steve's.
Aside from the B&B being one of the best their is, there was plenty to do. Over a hundred winery's in the area, 5 state parks, and a nascar race track. The best ice cream place ever "the great escape." (we went their every day.) The corning museum of art (only a 30min drive) was great. I can go on and on.
Really a great place. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank anne515
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We just returned from our 9th stay with Steve at the Tree Farm. This was for my 50th High School reunion. But we have stayed for no reason except it is "THE" place to stay. Middle of the Seneca Wine Trail, near Watkins Glen and the International Speedway, Watkins Glen State Park and hundreds of other things to do all within less than 30 minutes drive.. Watkins Glen is 8 - 10 minutes. The rooms are great, each with a private bath. The wrap around porch is great, last year my bride and I sat for 2 days and watched the grass grow and read. The Tree Farm trail is an enjoyable walk and in the shade on a warm sunny day.
My favorite meal of the day, anytime of day is breakfast. Steve cooks a breakfast that is fit for a lumber jack or for someone trying to watch the waist line. Steve is a most gracious host who's only requests are a saucer under the coffee cup and to enjoy your stay not, only at his home but in the entire area.
We have met people at breakfast 2 or 3 years in a row and enjoy catching up on the years happenings in each others lives. Steve also remembers your past stays so is also a part of the conversation of which there is plenty . No silence. Breakfast also includes fresh fruit, several cakes and pastries and a bottomless coffee pot.
Steve, I am glad you came into our lives. Already looking forward to next years visit. With my bride in retirement I am thinking of a fall retreat. We will be driving up you driveway before you know it. Thank you for 9 outstanding weekends and a great friendship.
This is not our only experience at a B & B. This is a "10" type of experience. In the questions below it is asked of a hotel. This is a Bed & Breakfast but it has amenities that a hotel does not have. Is it a business center? If you want a business meeting, Steve will probably make some arrangements for you. I does not have a fitness center as such but you can run or walk the trail through the tree farm. Why would you want to take a computer to a Bed & Breakfast? For the swimmer Seneca Lake is just minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scouch42
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This B&B is in a great location, and Steve is the ultimate host! The guest area is on a separate level from the owner's living quarters, so guests are offered free reign of the kitchen and living areas. We enjoyed the cool evening breeze and visiting with other guests on the covered porch. Make sure you as Steve for suggestions of what to do while in the area - he's full of great information. Will definitely be back when we can stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the tree farm! The rooms were great, the atmosphere was great, and the food was great. It is quiet and peaceful. When there, take the time to hike the beautiful acreage. Steve is a kind and welcoming host whose priority is to ensure your pleasure. He is very knowledgable about the area and can advise you on anything. He takes great pride in his business and it certainly shows! The location is right in the middle of Seneca Lake wine country, minutes away from Watkins Glen, yet tucked away pleasantly in the wood.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple