“Great wine!”

Keuka Overlook Wine Cellars
Ranked #10 of 12 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: Keuka Overlook is a Winery and a Bed & Breakfast Inn. Both businesses are located high atop a hill overlooking gorgeous Keuka Lake. The winery serves many different award winning wines, while the B&B hosts 4 beautiful Guest Rooms within a large Victorian home remodled for outstanding comfort. All Private baths/3-course breakfast each morning/WiFi/A/C.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine!”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I and another couple visited Keuka Overlook Wine Cellars this past weekend and, once again, loved the wine and the humor that goes along with the wine tastings! Bob (and wife Terry) own the winery and are the ones who give the tastings. Not only are they knowledgeable, but they are loads of fun too! They have great Reislings (semi-dry and dry were our favorites this visit!) but also make a great red called Rougeon and another one called Cab2 (squared). Of course these are just OUR favorites - they have other wines that our friends bought. I guess you should just try them all! Don't let the old barn scare you away . . . inside the tasting room you'll love the wine and the company! A must when you are on Keuka Lake!

Visited July 2012

Horseheads, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

A bit kitschy… a bit off the beaten path… however, I consider this the place for the Best reds in the region (at least in the top 5). The problem is, the winemaker/owner (Bob?) is well aware of this fact and charges accordingly (not exorbitantly. We are still talking under $25 a bottle). Still a great value for the buck… and as stated… GREAT REDS!! I’m pretty sure he usually has some type of ‘private reserve red wine’. Something he’s made up extra special and hasn’t released it to the public domain. He’ll let you taste it… for a price and rest assured, You’ll Love It.

Rochester
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“My favorite Finger Lakes winery!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I've been going to Finger Lakes wineries during the last 15 years and have my own favorite and not-so-favorite places. Keuka Overlook is my absolute favorite - first of all because of wnes, of course! I am a dry wines' drinker and in most wineries dryes have a sour taste to them - not in this place! I bet you will not be able to find wine in this price range taste as good as at Keuka Overlook. Try Pino, Cab Frank or Triumph - they are delicious! Dry Riesling is my favorite white this year.
My other reason to come back is the winery's owner, Bob. It is always so much fun to talk to him, he has a great sense of humor and on a more serious note he explaines his wines so well and will go into as many details as you want making the conversation interesting and not boring.
Don't let a simple basement setting of the tasting room fool you! This place is a must to visit.

Visited June 2012
dundee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun Place to incklude on the trail”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Funny place to stop.
Bob is really a great person..

Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't miss this winery!”
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My husband and I recently returned from another wonderful vacation to the Finger Lakes region in NY. This year we decided to frequent the Keuka Lake Wineries and we ran across Keuka Overlook Cellars. It was considered part of the Keuka Lake Wine Trail but it was off the main drive. At first we were a bit skeptical as wasn't as "good looking" as some of the other more well known and larger wineries and the parking lot was empty. I don't know if this happens all the time but the actual owner/wine maker was the only one working the tasting room. It was interesting to get the winemaker's actual take on his wines and his reasons for making certain wines the way he did. Two in particular were made with the tourist in mind who purchases wine, keeps it in the trunk until they complete the wine trails, go back to their hotel and want to sample a bottle but the wine is too hot from being in the trunk. These two wines were formulated so that you can serve them over ice without loosing the intensity of the wine! He also makes a wonderful white port, quite unique! So, if you're in the Keuka Lake region, don't skip Keuka Overlook Cellars, a diamond in the rough!