1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$111
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
US$82
  • Free Internet
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
US$88
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$94
BestWestern.com
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
US$64
US$58
All reviewsveranda roomfinger lakesmy wife and ifarm to tableb bseneca lakewrap around porchspace heaterstay there againrobins nesteach morningnice stayan amazing hostlocal ingredientsafternoon snackfantastic cooksecond floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The house is absolutely delightful. Its warm & cozy, the perfect weekend get-away. My boyfriend and I stayed here while we were in town visiting for a wedding. The house is beautiful and inviting, and Cathy is a wonderful host. We stayed in the larger private room on the first floor with separate bath. The bed was most comfortable, and the room was furnished beautifully. Breakfast was exquisite! Very tasteful: veggie quiche, corn bread, bacon, apples, coffee & tea and all the fixings. We were well fed and enjoyed great company. Would 100% recommend and hope to visit again! Thank you Cathy - keep up the great work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I am so fortunate to own this business where my guests are so pleased that they write detailed kuddos about the house and service! Thank you for the genuine words and for taking the time necessary to write this. From the heart, Cathy

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Clean relaxing rooms. Soft sheets and towels. We enjoyed some time on the balcony enjoying the view. Food was fresh and delicious. Great location. Cathy is a wonderful host with great recommendations and tips. Good value for a place that feels like home. We will be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We found this B&B on trip advisor and we did enjoy a nice stay. The room was simple, but lovely and excellently maintained. The location is great and the breakfasts are wonderful!! We loved that she uses local ingredients!! However, when we arrived late due to an unavoidable circumstance, the owner's greeting made us feel uncomfortable. The owner, why gracious tends to lecture a little. I never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast that had "the rules" so directly stated and literally, spelled out! I found it amusing that we were even given written instruction on the proper use of the "provided" makeup remover before going to bed!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here. About your late arrival, I am always very flexible and apoligize for the fact that your were made to feel uncomfortable in any way. I do not recall if you might have mentioned that you would be arriving earlier or not but still I am sure I just wanted you to get comfortable in your rooms after a long trip.

About your comment concerning written rules. These are usually guidelines to help guests have a better time here. They mostly talk about amenities, things about safety, no smoking reminders, times for breakfast, etc. However, I recently added the note about makeup removal to point out that those products are now available since several guests asked for them. Perhaps the wording is a little strong . . . but there is no tutorial about makeup removal before bedtime! I think that would sound funny too. So I have reworded all of that to make you and perhaps others feel less lectured. . . which was never the intent.
Thanks for all of the great things you mentioned about the house and my services, and food. I do hope to see you again. Cathy

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Starkey House on October 1&2, 2013 and enjoyed an excellent stay. The B&B is conveniently located close to the main highway that provides access to the west coast of Lake Seneca. We stayed in the Veranda Room which was large with a separate large bath. The room was excellent, very clean with a comfortable bed. Breakfasts were also excellent and very filling, featuring local produce. Our host Cathy was very friendly and knowledgeable and provided several tips regarding wineries, restaurants and exploring the area. Overall a very nice B&B that we will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Your lovely review is much appreciated and will raise the bar on what I will provide here at the Starkey House.
I especially take pleasure in making suggestions about planning the day, which destinations are best. I love when guests like yourselves return at the end of a day saying that they enjoyed everything I told them about from wineries, to villages, to museums, or restaurants, even, of course hidden waterfalls.

I do hope to see you both again soon. Sincerely and with many thanks, Cathy

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We found this B&B on the web while searching for availability to accommodate a last-minute getaway in the Finger Lakes.

Cathy, the owner, is a caring hostess, and has maintained the character of this historic building while providing the comforts of home. She cooks a hearty delicious breakfast highlighting local and self-grown foods, as well as an afternoon snack. In addition to her detailed knowledge of the area, she provides brochures and coupons to local attractions (wineries, museums, hiking, and farms). With our late booking, we had the smaller bedroom, but still had an ample private bath. There is comfortable common space, both inside and out, complete with freshly tuned piano!
The location, up the hill on the west side of Seneca Lake, is in a pretty, rural setting. Definitely a good B&B experience for us.

• Stayed: August 2013