“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
chickeeta210
“Great stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at 1897 beekman during our visit to the finger lakes. The b&b was very comfortable and had board games. There is a coffee and tea station with a wine menu for purchasing. Breakfast was very delicious but also very decadent and sweet! Chuck and Gerry were great hosts and Gerry is so sweet. I would say that it isn't cheap for a b&b but is a great stay nonetheless!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast last weekend and it absolutely exceeded all of my expectations. This was our first experience with a B&B and I have to say that Chuck and Gerry has totally spoiled me for any future innkeepers. I doubt that I will ever find a wonderful experience like this again. The house and rooms are decorated very well and the innkeepers attention to detail is beyond words. Now let me talk about the food!!!! Words don't even begin to to do justice to the scrumptious breakfast that is served to you daily. You will spend the whole day just waiting for breakfast the next morning. His culinary skills are beyond compare. It is regular food with just enough haughtiness to make you feel like royalty. I highly recommend anyone visiting the finger lakes area to stay here as it will only enhance your stay to a beautiful area of the state.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was an amazing stay! I will be back with my significant other. The food was amazing!!! 5 stars for everything. Chuck and Gerry were just wonderful. They made our girls trip just perfect. Gave ideas were to go. I will be back!

Room Tip: I stay in the french room but the other girls stayed in the others and they were all great depending...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Chuck and Jerry are the perfect host. As soon as we arrived they greeted us on the front stairs with a warm welcome into their home and their warmth doesn’t stop there; It is in every detail. The breakfast, served by Chuck in his chef jacket, can compare to any gourmet meal in the world. The room is the most romantic with colors of red and gold and a huge antique bed. The perfect ending to the day is to share a bottle of wine in the back yard by the fire. A wonderful experience thank you Chuck and Jerry....the best!

Jamesville
Reviewed 15 September 2013

So glad we decided to stay in the area rather than drive back and forth from home (90 min away) for a wedding. Chuck and Gerry made the weekend so much more enjoyable with their hospitality and wonderful food. I stay at hotels/B&B's 2-3 nights a week and wish I had reason to stay her regularly!

Lawrence, NJ
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The kindness of the owners, the beauty and cleanliness of the house and the remarkable music room and breakfasts all recommend the Beekman House. This is, hands down, the best b and b I have every stayed at, and I've probably been to over a dozen. It certainly wasn't the most expensive. When I couldn't find a room on the lake, I decided to go to Beekman House. I'm sure glad those lakeside B and B's were booked! Do yourself a favor and stay with Chuck and Jerry. Their advice on what to do and where to eat was spot on. And the house is beautiful enough to hold historical tours! I just can't recommend it enough. I love checking out new areas, but I may just break my rule and spend another long weekend at Beekman House.

Room Tip: We stayed in Isadora's room and it was lovely, with plenty of storage space.
Lumberton
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at this beautiful, authentically furnished B/B last May. We were in the small, maid's quarters, but it was lovely, with a private bath just through a small hallway (luxureous cotton robes provided). Hand milled soap and travel size, boutique style shampoo and body cream provided. The best part was the gourmet breakfast, served on fine china.There was also a coffee station, on the landing, including water, etc if we wanted something in the evening. And when we left, a parting gift of DELICIOUS freshly made popcorn. Hope we will be in area to stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast

Been to 1897 Beekman House? Share your experiences!