“Perfection!”
Review of 1897 Beekman House

1897 Beekman House
Ranked #1 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Another title I considered was "Pay for the breakfast and spend the night for free..." Our stay was outstanding - Gerry and Chuck truly love what they do and it shows in everything. Guests are made to feel like friends, the home is immaculate as well as inviting and the breakfast is better than any breakfast we've ever had in five star hotels. If you've ever had a so-so experience with a bed and breakfast, don't give up on staying in one until you've stayed here - the experience will change your mind. This really should be the mold for all other establishments to follow. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oriental room - the queen size bed was comfortable. It was very quiet. There are on...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at 1897 beekman during our visit to the finger lakes. The b&b was very comfortable and had board games. There is a coffee and tea station with a wine menu for purchasing. Breakfast was very delicious but also very decadent and sweet! Chuck and Gerry were great hosts and Gerry is so sweet. I would say that it isn't cheap for a b&b but is a great stay nonetheless!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast last weekend and it absolutely exceeded all of my expectations. This was our first experience with a B&B and I have to say that Chuck and Gerry has totally spoiled me for any future innkeepers. I doubt that I will ever find a wonderful experience like this again. The house and rooms are decorated very well and the innkeepers attention to detail is beyond words. Now let me talk about the food!!!! Words don't even begin to to do justice to the scrumptious breakfast that is served to you daily. You will spend the whole day just waiting for breakfast the next morning. His culinary skills are beyond compare. It is regular food with just enough haughtiness to make you feel like royalty. I highly recommend anyone visiting the finger lakes area to stay here as it will only enhance your stay to a beautiful area of the state.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It was an amazing stay! I will be back with my significant other. The food was amazing!!! 5 stars for everything. Chuck and Gerry were just wonderful. They made our girls trip just perfect. Gave ideas were to go. I will be back!

Room Tip: I stay in the french room but the other girls stayed in the others and they were all great depending...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Chuck and Jerry are the perfect host. As soon as we arrived they greeted us on the front stairs with a warm welcome into their home and their warmth doesn’t stop there; It is in every detail. The breakfast, served by Chuck in his chef jacket, can compare to any gourmet meal in the world. The room is the most romantic with colors of red and gold and a huge antique bed. The perfect ending to the day is to share a bottle of wine in the back yard by the fire. A wonderful experience thank you Chuck and Jerry....the best!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

So glad we decided to stay in the area rather than drive back and forth from home (90 min away) for a wedding. Chuck and Gerry made the weekend so much more enjoyable with their hospitality and wonderful food. I stay at hotels/B&B's 2-3 nights a week and wish I had reason to stay her regularly!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

The kindness of the owners, the beauty and cleanliness of the house and the remarkable music room and breakfasts all recommend the Beekman House. This is, hands down, the best b and b I have every stayed at, and I've probably been to over a dozen. It certainly wasn't the most expensive. When I couldn't find a room on the lake, I decided to go to Beekman House. I'm sure glad those lakeside B and B's were booked! Do yourself a favor and stay with Chuck and Jerry. Their advice on what to do and where to eat was spot on. And the house is beautiful enough to hold historical tours! I just can't recommend it enough. I love checking out new areas, but I may just break my rule and spend another long weekend at Beekman House.

Room Tip: We stayed in Isadora's room and it was lovely, with plenty of storage space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to 1897 Beekman House? Share your experiences!