“Unsurpassed”

Ranked #1 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
Getzville, New York
“Unsurpassed”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Our third trip to the 1897 Beekman House. Chuck and Gerry make you feel like family and the accommodations and breakfast are amazing! For a relaxing, warm place to stay just minutes from the wineries, the Beekman House is unsurpassed! We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to stay at the Beekman house in the Finger Lakes during Valentine's Day weekend. Two other couples accompanied us for a weekend of wine tasting and relaxation. It was my first time at a bed and breakfast and was curious to see what they were all about. Upon arrival, the owners Chuck and Gerry greeted us at the door in the large foyer of their old Victorian. The first floor offers a living room with a flatscreen TV, two dining rooms, and two sitting rooms with plenty of books, magazines and a few instruments for those musically inclined. The second floor has four bedrooms each with a unique theme. My girlfriend and I stayed in the largest room which is the "Royal Room." The room has a King bed (large enough for 5 people), a flatscreen TV and a private bathroom. Everything was very clean and updated with a homey feel, which made our stay very comfortable.

Every morning consisted of a three course breakfast which was prepared by Chuck. I must say it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. The first morning we started with a smoothie shooter, followed by fresh baked scones and finished off with a bacon quiche. (He cures his own bacon). The second morning consisted of a different smoothie, a poached pear filled with a cream filling and blueberry stuffed french toast. Chuck is very enthusiastic about his meals and it shows through his culinary skills.

Chuck and Gerry are very pleasant welcoming hosts. They will go above and beyond for your needs and are very passionate about their B&B. They were kind enough to set up our wine tour transportation, cook us dinner and give recommendations for the numerous wineries in the region. I would recommend the Beekman House for your next stay to the Finger Lakes. The combination of the superb service and the rich history and design of the house give for a very unique calming retreat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Valley View, Ohio
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the 1897 Beekman House while visiting the Finger Lakes area in November. The house is beautiful, the food is delicious and the host and hostess are friendly and welcoming. We will definitely stay there again during our next trip back to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Chuch and Gerry are the quintessential hosts, ready to make every moment of your stay perfect. The food is among the best I have ever eaten and it is presented with just the right amount of flair. There is a warmth in the 1897 Beekman House that goes beyond words. It has become my standard for judging all of my B&B experiences. Special thanks to Chuch and Gerry for helping me make my sweetie's birthday celebration so special! We'll be back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, but only one has a jetted tub. If that is important to you, ask for...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Another title I considered was "Pay for the breakfast and spend the night for free..." Our stay was outstanding - Gerry and Chuck truly love what they do and it shows in everything. Guests are made to feel like friends, the home is immaculate as well as inviting and the breakfast is better than any breakfast we've ever had in five star hotels. If you've ever had a so-so experience with a bed and breakfast, don't give up on staying in one until you've stayed here - the experience will change your mind. This really should be the mold for all other establishments to follow. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oriental room - the queen size bed was comfortable. It was very quiet. There are on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
chickeeta210
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at 1897 beekman during our visit to the finger lakes. The b&b was very comfortable and had board games. There is a coffee and tea station with a wine menu for purchasing. Breakfast was very delicious but also very decadent and sweet! Chuck and Gerry were great hosts and Gerry is so sweet. I would say that it isn't cheap for a b&b but is a great stay nonetheless!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast last weekend and it absolutely exceeded all of my expectations. This was our first experience with a B&B and I have to say that Chuck and Gerry has totally spoiled me for any future innkeepers. I doubt that I will ever find a wonderful experience like this again. The house and rooms are decorated very well and the innkeepers attention to detail is beyond words. Now let me talk about the food!!!! Words don't even begin to to do justice to the scrumptious breakfast that is served to you daily. You will spend the whole day just waiting for breakfast the next morning. His culinary skills are beyond compare. It is regular food with just enough haughtiness to make you feel like royalty. I highly recommend anyone visiting the finger lakes area to stay here as it will only enhance your stay to a beautiful area of the state.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast

Been to 1897 Beekman House? Share your experiences!