1897 Beekman House
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
US$82
  • Free Internet
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Hampton Inn Penn Yan(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$96
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites(Penn Yan)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
US$60
TripAdvisor
All reviewschef chuckgracious hoststrained chefb bgourmet breakfastwonderful experiencefinger lakesmy husband and ithree coursesroyal roombed and breakfastplayer pianodining roomsfront porchattention to detailhis craftcaramel popcorn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Can anymore be said about this unbelievable B & B? Let me try. Rooms - Great!! Owners - Phenomenal. Breakfasts - Beyond description. 1897 Beekman House sets the benchmark for all other B & B's to strive for. If you need even more reasons to show up at their door, the Finger Lakes are wonderful

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night during April to rest up for a big day of wine tasting. Gerry and Chuck were hospitable from the start. They understood that we were more beer drinkers than wine drinkers and were more than gracious in helping us choose a delicious bottle of wine from their selection for the night. Gerry also gave us some great recommendations for their favorite wineries and she did not lead us wrong! Chuck made us a breakfast that we still rave about months later. It was amazing- all homemade and delicious. All and all it was a wonderful experience and we will definitely be back!

Cheers,
Abbey and Ryan

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
debaldguy, Owner at 1897 Beekman House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Wow! We are just BLOWN AWAY by our guests' reviews!!!

TripAdvisor advises us that we really should respond to these reviews, but I confess that we are a bit overwhelmed and not certain what we can say, other than THANKS!!!

Really....we are NOT perfect! We try our best and we believe that God continues to bless our efforts.

In our third season now, we continue to love what we do, and we look forward to making our guests "part of our family" during their stay. And we REALLY love it when we see our guests returning again and again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I won't be able to say enough good things about this gem in just a paragraph! The 1897 Beekman House in Dundee, NY, absolutely delighted us in every way possible during our stay.
The innkeepers, Gerry and Chuck, have shown the B&B world what hospitality is all about. This was a spotlessly clean and wonderfully comfortable house, with nice touches to pamper (but not "smother") the guests. And then, there is the food.....oh!... to have a breakfast like that every morning!! The chef's creativity and skill in presentation and taste are reasons alone to visit. But come for the charm of a relaxing stay in a beautiful and elegant home cared for and shared by the most accommodating hosts you will ever find.

Room Tip: There AREN'T any bad choices....All rooms are unique, but top-notch!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband & I stayed at the 1897 Beekman House for a second time. However, this time we stayed in the Royal Room, which was just beautiful. I loved the fact that this room had a king size bed & television. This room faces the main street & you might think that traffic noise would be an issue, but it wasn't. On Sunday morning, you can hear the cloppity clop of the horse drawn carriages going past the house, which I thoroughly enjoyed hearing. Anyway, I'll try not to rehash ALL the absolutely wonderful & amazing features about this B&B, but please read my first review to get the full scoop. With that said, it's hard not to talk about all the wonderful things about this place or the owners, Chuck & Gerry. When we arrived & began walking up the front steps, Chuck & Gerry opened the front door & warmly greeted us. The amazing thing is that they actually rememberd us & seemed genuinely delighted to see us again. They are so warm & welcoming & you truly feel like you're visiting your second home away from home. Speaking about the B&B, there is absolutely nothing pretentious or stuffy about this home. It is so beautiful, warm & welcoming & you never feel like you're in a museum or in a model home. Anyway, days before our arrival, Chuck & Gerry emailed us a dinner menu giving us the option to eat dinner at the B&B rather than going out to a restaurant, which I thought was a wonderful bonus. The idea of not having to go back out to look for a restaurant after traveling for hours was so appealing to us so we decided to request the homemade pizza for the first night & lasagna for the second night & boy am I ever glad that we did. If you didn't read my first review, I'll say it here; Chuck is an absolutely AMAZING & GIFTED chef. I mean, he puts his heart & soul into everything he makes. The first time you see or eat anything he has made, you can immediately tell that he has a passion for cooking. As I'm sure you can probably already guess, the homemade pizza was ridiculously good (OMG). We ordered it with sausage & mushrooms. The mushrooms are first sauteed; then placed them on the pizza to be baked. After eating, my husband & I sat on the beautiful front porch with some coffee; it was so relaxing & made me wish we had a front porch like that. As we sat there, Chuck brought each of us a cone of homemade strawberry ice cream; what a pleasant & unexpected surprise. After that, we sat by a fire in the back yard & drank some wine that we purchased at one of the local wineries. At our request, Chuck & Gerry joined us by the fire. It was sooooo nice talking & getting to know them a little better. They are such lovely people & having them join us really enhanced our evening. Moving onto the topic of breakfast.....OMG, Chuck & Gerry's breakfasts are off the charts. Please read my first review for more details. When I awake in the morning, I get so excited to see & eat whatever Chuck & Gerry have cooked up. It is simply AWESOME. The second night's dinner of lasagna was crazy good. First, we were served warm bread with a dipping oil, which just melted in your mouth. That was followed up by a light,crisp salad which was amazing too, but the real show stopper was the lasagna. It was so good that my husband & I actually tried to eat it slowly because we wanted it to last as long as possible & savor every bite. Just to be sure anyone who reads this knows that you don't have to get dinner in order to fall in love with this place. The owners, the home itself & the breakfasts are deserving of a 5 star rating alone & if I could give a higher score, I would. Thank you Gerry & Chuck for another wonderful & relaxing stay. Like we told you before, you can be confident that you are truly walking & operating in your God-given calling. I will try to upload some pics asap.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lovely House. Lovely People. Awesome Breakfast. There is a reason why EVERYONE gives Chuck and Gerry 5 stars. Because they deserve it. From the moment we walked in and were met by their smiling faces until they said good-bye they were the perfect hosts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family