“Great Vineyard”

McGregor Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: McGregor Vineyard is one of the oldest wineries in the Finger Lakes featuring estate grown and bottled vinifera wines. We invite you to sample these exquisite wines in our seated tasting room while enjoying the most spectacular views of Keuka Lake.
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I had a great woman around my age to serve me my tastes as it was my last vineyard of the day and my trip. Glad they still we're open. Enjoyed there reds & whites. Will spend more time on their deck next time I visit.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"pasta"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My wife and I swing by the McGregor Vineyard every year to stock up on their Black Russian red. They have a wonderful tasting room and deck where you can linger on those lazy summer afternoons from high above Kueka Lake. If you are in the area or planning a trip to the finger lakes a stop at the McGregor Vineyard should be on your to do list.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

If you're serious about wine, don't miss McGregor. Not only do they excel at the Finger Lakes standards like superb Riesling and Gewurztraminer, their Reds are the best in the region. Unique to them is Black Russian Red, a fantastic blend of two Russian grapes, and a standout that you must try. A friendly, casual, sit-down tasting experience, a friendly staff, and killer views round out the experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Super winery, small but very friendly, a must on our 1000mile drive to visit and bring back great wines to enjoy until we can return.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Recently spent several days in the area touring wineries. So you know where I'm coming from, these are the places I enjoyed the most: Domaine LeSeurre, Ravines, Keuka Lake, Hermann J. Wiemer. If those resonate with you, don't waste your time at this winery.

Wines were mediocre at best. Russian Red was okay but there are way better reds in the area for half the price. Snacks served with tasting were not complementary to the wines at all: less than stellar quality pesto and chocolate and way too strongly herbed cheese. The very young man who did the tasting was not knowledgeable about wine; he just recited short, pat descriptions.

On the plus side, they do have a lovely view. And if the tasting area isn't crowded, you might get a table to yourself.