“Must stop!”

Villa Bellangelo Winery
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Finger Lakes Winery on Seneca Lake in New York state. We specialize in Moscato, Riesling, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, and Merlot, and also produce a line of sweet "Scooter" wines.
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

This is a must go during your visit. The staff was incredibly friendly and laid back. One of the better moscatos I've had. Very cool decor with a self playing piano. Would absolutely go back.

1  Thank KDJ09

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Unfortunately we don't live closer because we would be a frequent shopper! Been there since these guys took over and they are amazing!! The wine quality has surpassed many in the region! The moscato is one of our must haves!! All of the Scooter Wines are a treat!! We always leave with at least 5-6 bottles/bags. The owners are wonderful and really know how to make customers happy. They take that extra time to make you feel welcome and as if you are all friends! Bellangelo is our favorite and keeps getting better each time we visit!!

1  Thank goodcook1013
Reviewed 17 December 2013

In a pinch I served their 2012 Gewurtztraminer w/ a roast beef dinner...it was a hit! Delicious in itself, it complemented dinner very well. Also recommend the Seyval Blanc to anyone who enjoys dry-semidry whites...our new favorite winery!

1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have been to this winery a few times and it never disappoints. The wine is my absolute favorite. The winery itself is beautiful with amazing views. I love the outside deck! The owner took time to talk with us and every time we have been there the people working there and giving wine tastings have been knowledgeable, helpful, and extremely friendly. This winery is a wonderful wine experience!

2  Thank Dwisler23
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I am writhing this as a reply to the "Rude Winery" review by "stephanieb". I was there. I remember you and your entourage because in all the times that I have been to Bellangelo I have never seen them have to ask anybody to leave. You were more than "a little loud" Stephanie. And simply being a group of eight women does not give you the right, nor is it an excuse, for standing on chairs in the middle of the tasting room while doing so no matter how "pretty" you happen to have been feeling at the time. I'm happy you were asked to leave as were the other patrons there at the time as indicated by their applause after you left. It is one of the (many) reasons why I will continue to go there, in addition to the picturesque setting, the excellent wines and the knowledgable (and courteous) staff. Because loud, inebriated and obnoxious individuals are not allowed to ruin the experience for others!

6  Thank tmaloney58