“Staple cafe for the locals!”
Review of Classic Cafe

Classic Cafe
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Dundee
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Down home cooking at a very reasonable price. Menu staples are all well executed. Wednesday is Mexican night. Great variety and all kinds of homemade pies and other desserts. This is our go to cafe when we want a good, quick meal. Fridays are famous for the Fish Fry. Atmosphere is homey, not great, but food is always good. Always a busy spot. Don't be alarmed when every head turns to see who just came in the door when you enter. That's just how we are!

1  Thank MamanNY

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great hometown cooking. Friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended. Every time I come to Seneca lake, I make it a point to make it to the Classic Café. Im glad they try to keep it original, and not make the café modern. It reminds me of when I was going to the café when I was a kid.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We visited Seneca Lake for the first time and saw this place on Around Me app plus good reviews on the Web. When we first arrived the waitress Nicole took our drink order and after being asked, explained the specials listed on the board. She was very short with us and rude. We asked what most customers ordered and she responded "burgers". I asked her for a few minutes to go over the menu and she let out a sigh and left. I ordered the 1/4 lb burger and my husband the fried chicken. Nicole apologized that she was grumpy but had had a long day. The burger arrived flat, dry and falling apart and did not appear to be anywhere near the 1/4 lb as described; my husband's chicken was dry, with instant mashed. Nicole did not check back with us for a refill of our iced tea nor to check on our order although there was only 1 other table. Throughout dinner, there was a lot of yelling coming from the wait staff who were complaining about having to clean up and dishes being clashed against each other. We hurriedly ate our food since we were hungry and cashed out. Needless to say we will not be back.

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

The menu says food for real people somewhere and that is what you get. Nothing fancy. But if you are hungry it does hit the spot. I wouldn't make it a destination but I would go in to grab a quick meal if I was nearby and it was time to eat.

They could spruce the inside up a bit but then I suppose it wouldn't be what it is. A classic diner.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Classic diner, great service and good wholesome food, a selection of great cakes as well. Friendly staff and situated in the town of Dundee.