“YUCKIE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Penn Yan, New York
“YUCKIE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

went there with my daughter. i ordered eggs, toast and home fries. the toast was burnt. eek. the potatoes were dry and cold. worst breakfast i have ever had. wont go back again...

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ginger706

State College
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband saw some good reviews about this restaurant and insisted we should go there. I have to admit that I had reservations, because downtown restaurants in small towns are often not up to par. The "Classic Cafe" was certainly classic with a tin ceiling and not many interior upgrades in many, many years. It was clean though and the food was amazing. The day had been hot, and we wanted something light for dinner. My husband chose a Club Sandwich and I ordered a small Cold Plate - hoping to have room for dessert. Unfortunately that was not meant to be!
Classic American salads - like potato, macaroni and cole slaw - have gotten a bad wrap lately, but there is nothing wrong with them if they are prepared and spiced well. I enjoyed all 3 of them plus the ham, cheese and egg. The best part of the Cold Plate and the Club Sandwich was that absolutely perfect tomato which came right out of the garden of the lady at the cash register. It doesn't get better than that!
All in all it was a very positive experience for us - the price was right, too -, and we would definitively return if we were in that area again. Walking back to the car we stopped at the very nice " Water Street Pharmacy". We were glad to hear that the resident cat, Jack, makes sure things don't get out of control there!

• Visited September 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Clean Place , home cooking, don't be afraid of the stench, south of town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

passing thru with 2 business associates...clean place, the owner is also the waitress. White board special was meatloaf...homemade with mashed potatoes and gravy...$4.95..my colleagues had a wrap and a burger...all was tasty.. we were full as the home made pie selection looked great, must have been 10 choices..$2.95- lunch for 3 was $21...

• Visited September 2013
Dundee,NY
“Staple cafe for the locals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Down home cooking at a very reasonable price. Menu staples are all well executed. Wednesday is Mexican night. Great variety and all kinds of homemade pies and other desserts. This is our go to cafe when we want a good, quick meal. Fridays are famous for the Fish Fry. Atmosphere is homey, not great, but food is always good. Always a busy spot. Don't be alarmed when every head turns to see who just came in the door when you enter. That's just how we are!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MamanNY
Binghamton, New York
“been coming here for years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great hometown cooking. Friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended. Every time I come to Seneca lake, I make it a point to make it to the Classic Café. Im glad they try to keep it original, and not make the café modern. It reminds me of when I was going to the café when I was a kid.

Visited July 2013