We have been staying at b&b's for more years than I want to tell........all along the eastern US coast and beyond. This has been THE most enjoyable b&b stay that we have ever experienced!
The owners, Peter and Mary, are a great combo. They work so well together, whether they are in the kitchen cooking or chatting on their wonderful decks.
They designed their "home" exclusively for a b&b operation and there is nothing that has escaped their attention for a "died and went to heaven" experience for all of their guests.
The breakfasts are wonderful! They all begin with the "scone of the day". Picture a fresh blueberry scone or one with chocolate chips & raspberries.......and that is just the start of the meal. Fresh fruit and fruit juices follow the scones, along with whatever kind of coffee/tea you want, thanks to the wonderful "coffee genie machine" they have! Then comes the main entree....perhaps a tomato/mushroom/onion frittata with a side order of bacon....or maybe pancakes with turkey sausage and eggs served your way. Oh, did I mention Mary's "bird seed bread"? She makes all of the breads served here. All are wonderful, but we loved the "bird seed bread" the best! Needless to say, we never had any lunches during our stay.
There are only four rooms here and all are furnished with Amish-made furniture (made locally by the Amish people and resemble the Arts & Crafts style). All of the rooms open to decks that overlook Seneca Lake. Every room is supplied with a microwave (great to have with the microwave popcorn packs that they provide) and a frig that is stocked with bottled water & canned sodas.
The b&b is located close to many Finger Lake wineries & sites, but, to be honest, it was a wonderful world of bliss and peacefulness! When you drive down their LONG driveway, it is like you are leaving your worries and cares behind! We actually spent our last afternoon on our deck there, reading our books, munching on popcorn, and enjoying the wonderful lake view.
We didn't have time to utilize their canoe or rowboat, but we did enjoy sitting on their dock area on Seneca Lake. They also have an outdoor pavillion in which you can grill your own dinner.
Oh, did I mention the "never ending cookie jar"? Those oatmeal chocolate cookies were some of the best that we have ever eaten.
Will we return? You bet...........but we will definitely try to reserve a LOT earlier. I thought that I was an early bird by booking 6 months ahead, but there was only one room left at that point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant lakeside home constructed in 2005 as a B&B, with 4 guest rooms, each with private bath, A/C, WiFi, lakeside deck, refrigerator, microwave and satellite TV. 1 room fully handicap-accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Pearl of Seneca Lake B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl Of Seneca Lake Hotel Dundee
- The Pearl Of Seneca Lake Bed And Breakfast