“very disorganized”

Adirondack Saddle Tours
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Making reservation required 6 phone calls. And after finally getting one,another reservation appeared on our schedule. Then my credit card was ran thru twice,and getting that fixed was very stressful and time consuming.This is not what I nedded on my vacation. But the ride for my daughter was very enjoyable,the horses well cared for and well trained. Schedule your reservation in person and pay cash!

There are newer reviews for Adirondack Saddle Tours

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Neither my wife nor I had been up on horses in quite a few years, but the trail horses were friendly and easygoing. We were lucky enough to fall into a great deal, but the day was worth far more than we were charged - a long walk into the woods to a beautiful lake away from the highways with very knowledgeable and entertaining hosts. A great time!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I don't have a lot of riding experience so every time I go out it is an exciting time. The horses were well cared for and didn't look over tired. The trail guides were very friendly and helpful. There were 4 horses in my group plus the guide. The guide waited on the trail for the slower horses to catch up. This was a casual walk through the Adirondack Park, they had to pick their way through a very rocky trail. We stopped twice along the way to let the horses cool off in the water and get a drink. We stopped at Moss Lake for lunch. Everyone did well. This out fit also handles handicap riders as well. Very well done. Thank You.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Me, my sister-in-law and my 4 children made reservations to take the 1 hour trail ride. Her and two of my children have been coming here for a few years now and this has become a bit of an annual tradition for them to visit when on our vacation to the area. The guides were very nice and resepected the fact we were all novices at riding. They took extra time to get us saddled up and help the younger ones learn to guide the horse. The trail ride was pleasant. After the ride they let the kids feed a bag of carrots to the horses. We all had a really nice time. Saw some wild turkeys, but no deer this year.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Having been all over the country riding horses, I was very disappointed with the lack of organization. Many families that prepaid and booked in advance were turned away that morning. We actually ended up waiting 11/2 hrs due to all the confusion. I was very concerned that they chose a horse that had an aggressive temperament for one of the riders that had no riding experience. The stables and outside surroundings did not matchup to the website pics.