“Lovely Sunday brunch with the whole...”

Poolville Country Store Restaurant B&B
Reserve with OpenTable
Poolville Country Store Restaurant B&B is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Earlville
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Lovely Sunday brunch with the whole...”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Lovely Sunday brunch with the whole family. We will certainly head back again.

Waterville
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We celebrated our 49th anniversary with a delicious, gourmet meal... The service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect

“Terrific meal with professional service”
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Had a terrific meal recently at this location. It seems to be in a different category from many of the other locations around.

Let's start with the bread - sliced, with a spicy herb. Perfect for the olive oil provided. And nice with my hearty glass of red wine.

My companion started with crab cakes. Two came, which seemed to me to be a clear indication that I was meant to jump in - and I did. These were terrific, nice crusty exterior, tasty, no bread filling. Then he had the caesar salad, and I had the fresh greens. His salad was nicely dressed and topped. My dressing was terrific, and the greens had almonds, fresh grapes, and goat cheese - yum.

After this, we had a lot of anticipation for the entrees, but while they were good, they weren't as great as the appetizers. He had turkey pot pie - it was a virtual pot pie, with the puff pastry on bottom and top of a turkey stew. I had filet mignon, served with mashed potatoes (with skins on, yum), asparagus, and beets. This was almost overwhelmed by the spicy sauce, and I'd rather have a smaller filet, better trimmed. I rarely eat meat so it was a bit disappointing that I did it on the night the tex mex chef was saucing. But we complain about nits. Overall, the meal was terrific.

We heard another table order appetizers for both appetizers and entrees, and that might be a path we'd try next time. For we will be back!

I should mention that the service was excellent, friendly without being intrusive, very professional, on top of what we needed without hovering.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Intimate, warm, and inviting.”
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We have a "country home" in the Town of Hamilton and look forward to our weekends and vacations here because we know that a table is always waiting at the Poolville Country Store. Whether sitting in front of the walk-in fireplace or near a window, we always feel welcomed at this lovely place in the hamlet of Poolville, just a few miles outside the Village of Hamilton. The food is always fresh with as many local ingredients as possible. Soups are particularly good, but I have never had anything that I would not rate highly. Whether stopping by on your way through the area or as a destination, you won't be disappointed. The only downside is the lack of a full bar, but the wine and beer list is solid.