“Just Gorgeous”

Eastview Bed and Breakfast
Eastview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Garrigill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here in April and absolutely loved it. such a nice welcome and the house is so gorgeous a proper country feel to it and all original features.
Lana the owner was lovely and the village is so nice I will definitely stay there again. I had a great night sleep I did not want to leave. next time I will book for longer than one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Eastview Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This cosy little B&B on the C2C route provided everything we needed for our overnight stop on our second day. Unfortunately the pub in the village has closed but our three course evening meal was pre-ordered and catered for by a neighbour which was delicious.

The owner, Lana, was so kind and helpful and made us feel at home. It was more like renting a cottage than staying in a B&B and after dinner we watched a DVD in the very comfortable lounge. Lana even picked us up some energy drinks from Alston the next morning and provided our packed lunch for the day. Our bikes were securely stored overnight and there was plenty of hot water which meant we could have a good long soak in the bath to soothe aching muscles. The climb out of Garrigill wasn’t that bad (!) so I totally recommend sticking to the C2C route and going via Garrigill rather than Alston.

On the way to Garrigill we stopped for lunch at The Watermill in Little Salkeld. Although the menu is limited it shows off all the fabulous baked goods the Mill produces and the bread was out of this world. It was interesting to see the working water wheel and there’s also a shop selling the flour that’s ground there. The Mill is well worth a visit for a day out or to join one of the bread making or flour milling courses. It’s in a very picturesque setting and the terracotta walls and blue window surrounds make you feel as if you’re in the Med. Wonderful.

Room Tip: The back room which is a double en-suite has the best views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Wet. Dirty. Tired.
After a long day on a bicycle (doing the magnificent C2C route), the owner knew exactly how to look after my son and I. Clothes hung to dry, bikes locked away, hot bath.
Comfortable night. Delicious breakfast. Perfect
I then made a complete horlicks of having not enough cash to pay our bill......and no cashpoint for miles....and no mobile reception.....and the village having a rare (pre-agreed) power cut... the owner let me ride off this morning with a request to pay her by Paypal when convenient (which I did that same evening)
Wonderful hospitality. Wonderful stop for the night. Wonderful good nature.
Thoroughly recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I arrived early after a long walk over Cross Fell and my welcome was perfunctory to say the least. However, the room (no. 1, overlooking the village green) was lovely, as was the bathroom. An early breakfast was everything I had asked for so no complaints there either.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nigel a
juneau0_0, Owner at Eastview Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

You are quite right I wasn't at my best when you arrived, unfortunately I had broken my toe a week earlier and was feeling a little worn down with the pain killers, I was hoping It wouldn't be noticed and embarrassed that it was, I am glad you liked the room and my breakfast though.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

It is impossible not to repeat the praise of other reviewers: a friendly welcome, beautiful house, comfortable and homely accommodation, an excellent breakfast – all so true. We found the village of Garrigill a welcome place to relax after the initial hills, and in retrospect, it was an oasis of calm before the next lots of exertion, although until you start the long climb (push) out of the village, you are blissfully unaware! We enjoyed a meal in the convivial pub and I sat briefly in the living room at EastView afterwards but it is all too comfortable, and I had to retire upstairs before falling asleep by the fire! Lana made us feel so welcome, and staying here was a highlight of our trip. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trytobekind
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stopped in Garrigill after the walk over Cross Fell from Dufton and were given a very comfortable room with tea and coffee making facilities, a view of the moor behind, a great shower with a large overhead water feature. The lounge is very comfortable with a large screen TV and they have free wifi. The breakfast was the best we have had on the Pennine Way so far and all in all it was excellent value. There is also a great pub a few yards away which does good beer and food.

Room Tip: Choose the room at the back but watch your head on the bathroom door!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LargelyMonk
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed here during the July 2013 heatwave arriving after a few hours cycling over the moors. The rooms are super cosy, the owners very welcoming and the pub is just across the village green. So nice to stay in a really quiet village. The pub was reasonably busy and the food was fine. I guess that most people go via Alston which avoids the very steep climb out of Garrigill, but my recommendation would be to come this way. The route to Garrigill is lovely and quiet and you'll feel much prouder to have stuck to the proper route. And I'm a golf fan, so to have Sky HD to watch the Open golf was a real joy. And finally, after we left the pub we were able to sit on the gorgeous B&B lounge relaxing with a final drink. Almost forgot, the owner even washed our cycling clothes for us. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bheald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garrigill
Cumberland Inn
#10 of 14 in Alston
Alston House
Alston House
#2 of 14 in Alston

Been to Eastview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!