“Affordable - Clean - Friendly - Convenient”

and 1 more site!
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The outside of the hotel kind of freaked us out a bit, but once you walk into the hotel lobby it is very nice and clean. The staff were very very friendly. The girl at the desk let us check in early which was HUGE for me as I had been walking around New York in the pouring rain and was soaked from head to toe. The key did not work the first time we tried putting it in the door, but the staff was very apologetic and helpful. The room was really nice and clean and the bed sheets smelled so nice like laundry soap and the pillows were placed so nicely on the bed... I love little details. The hallways are kinda creepy, but I was very happy with the room... MUCH better than the four star hotel I stayed at the night before in downtown Manhattan. I did not like that I had to pay for parking, but I guess that is part of New York.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
coddone, General Manager at LaGuardia Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, the staff takes great pride ensuring that the hotel is clean, and that all our guests feel comfortable during their stay. Hopefully you will return to our hotel during your next visit to New York.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property on May 20-22. We arrived and the outside is nothing to brag about but the lobby was nicely decorated and the reception desk girl was very attentive and nice. She saw I had a walker and offered delicately a handicap room which we took.

The lobby was a problem with the walker since there were 3 steps and no ramp, but otherwise fine. The staff were helpful with the baggage and the walker problems to compensate for the lack of a ramp.

The room was adequate and furnished sparingly but acceptably. The bathroom was large and wonderful. It was an acceptable room for the money and the use for tourist base. The front desk recommended that we go to the airport in their free shuttle to get transportation to downtown to save a few bucks which is always welcome to any tourist. They even took us to the taxi stop to be more helpful.

The biggest surprise was the breakfast in the lobby breakfast room. When I appeared, the Food and Beverage Manager escorted me to a table and seated me. He then proceeded to go through a list of items available and asked me what I wanted and got them all for me without me having to brave a buffet line which I hate with the walker. He even came back several times and brought juice and other refills. He was pleasant and very charming and made the hotel feel warm and inviting.

The second morning, he was there again and showed us to a table and to my surprise he remembered what I had liked the day before and brought it all. What service!

This hotel is lacking a bit in decor but not in service which makes it a super place for a tourist stay.

4  Thank npappas129

Dear Guest,
We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the hotel.The staff here at Laguardia Hotel is our biggest asset, everyone takes great pride in providing exceptional service. Thank you again for you comments and we hope you return to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

A group of seven family members were leaving on a cruise from the port of NY on Sunday. We chose the LaGuadia Airport Hotel mainly because of its proximity to the airport, the free shuttle service and the resaturant on the premises. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort we found. The staff was very accomodating, from letting us check in early, to dealing with a large party of us after some friends from New Jersey drove in join us for dinner. Special kudos to the bartender who did double duty as the waiter. His patience and good humor was appreciated. It's too bad the restaurant isn't open until 6:00 pm, but there is a food truck in the parking lot next door.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Older hotel that has been well maintained. Perfect for an overnight stay near the airport - especially if your flight gets in late. You just call for their shuttle from the bank of phones at baggage claim. Easy. Shuttle bus ride is just 5 minutes yet hotel is just off the airport on a pleasant street. Nothing fancy - just a clean room with good internet and a little restaurant. Free continental breakfast is nice. National rent a car is walking distance from the hotel which proved just perfect for us.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachguy4
coddone, General Manager at LaGuardia Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you the positive feedback regarding the cleanliness, internet service and complimentry breakfast. The staff of the hotel takes great pride ensuring the hotel is clean and provides friendly service. Hope to see you again on your next visit to New York City.
Charlies Oddone

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had a one night stay at this hotel May 21st. The front desk and bar staff were friendly and efficient. Our first-floor room was larger than I expected, and quite suitable for an airport hotel stay. The shower was hot and had the curved shower rods that work so well. Breakfast was included, which was a nice feature. It was simple but certainly enough to get you on your way for the day. We had an easy and quick shuttle to our terminal. All in all, this was a very good hotel for the money we paid - particularly considering it was NYC. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
coddone, General Manager at LaGuardia Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Guest,
We thank you for the feedback regarding the hotel and especailly our staff. The staff at the hotel takes great pride insuring that the hotel is clean and all our guests feel comfortable and recieve friendly service. In addition thank you for the comments on our complimentry breakfast, although it simple we have taken great care in insuring you start your day off healthy. Upon your return to our hotel please ask for me at the front desk I would love the opportunity to me you.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the LaGuardia Airport Hotel. The front desk staff responded quickly and kindly to each issue: transportation to Manhattan, another wash cloth, and storage of luggage before our flight. The fresh fruit bowl at breakfast was excellent and the staff on duty were efficient and fun to chat with. The room was fine but the constant sound of the air-conditioner made sleep a bit tough. The shuttle drivers handled our bags and were courteous in taking us to the M60 bus and the connections in and out of LaGuardia. The bus/train combination to get into New York sights is very easy and much better than driving or taking a cab. If you want to experience New York - the N/Q train is a quick trip to major transfer stations. The walk to the M60 stop is one long block and an easy walk. We walked it up to midnight with a feeling of complete safety. Last good thing - we met a number of interesting people from around the world at breakfast and traveled into the city together.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My mom and I had layover and stayed at this hotel on 5/19 and we didn't enjoy our stay here at all. The staff was rude and irresponsible when we arrived in the evening. They didn't pick up our call when we were waiting for their airport shuttle and hung up on us when connected. Worst of all, the front desk never got back to us after I asked for a rollaway (it was the SAME guy who hung up on us). I waited for an hour in the room and called. He then told he had one for me, hung up immediately AGAIN and never got back to me AGAIN! I thoughht he was busy but finally i went downstairs to ask him. He was chatting and then told me he didn't have any rollaway. I ended up sleeping on the floor! This is probably the MOST unprofessional staff I have seen so far, and one of the worst hotel experiences.

The only good thing about this hotel is its close location to LGA and u have a layover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not next to the highway. Otherwise u won't fall asleep easily.