“Worst end to a NYC trip”

and 1 more site!
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I booked into the hotel as I had an early flight to catch. Being close to the airport is the only good thing. The reception staff was ever so unhelpful and brass! The rooms are dated and really needs a good overall! The air conditioner is old, noisy and had only an "ON" and "full blast" setting! The shuttle was on time and very convenient though. I would rather leave town in the early hours and get to the airport by taxi in time for the red-eye flight next time. It took me half an hour from Manhattan by taxi in peak hour - so it is so easy to get to La Guardia from Manhattan!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Minette d
There are newer reviews for LaGuardia Airport Hotel

Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you're simply looking for a good location at a reasonable price, this hotel will do it for you. I stayed here on the last night of my trip to NYC when I had an early flight the next morning. The shuttle can drop you off at LaGuardia within 5 minutes. Breakfast was nothing fancy, but free. Rooms had stained carpets but everything was clean. Free wifi was a bonus.

FYI, the hotel can be a little hard for taxi drivers to find. It's not very noticeable, but is just up the road from the Marriot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Dorthea A
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Very little of anything that required electricity actually worked in the room ! Carpet dirty. Wallpaper peeling. Toilet was blocked so I reported that. Man arrived with plunger and attempted to unblock it. Didn't work because next time it was used it was blocked again. I spoke to receptionist about it. She was very rude as she thought I was asking for a reduction in room rate. She said we could use the toilet in the lobby. Our room was on the 6th floor !! I would never book this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Scalloway
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at the LaGuardia airport hotel for one night since we were arriving into NY late and didn't want to drive at night in an unknown city, perhaps we should have. Our check-in was quick, the lady at the front desk was friendly. It looked/is an older hotel, so i didn't want to expect too much. We had asked for a king sized bed, but were told we got two doubles instead. We had to pay $18 for parking, which I wasn't happy about because there was definitely ample parking available. Then we got into our 'non smoking' room And I was thoroughly disappointed. It was completely dated. Forest green carpet covered the whole room (and it was a quite spacious room, too!). It actually covered all the way to the bathroom, but stopped at the sink, (the shower/toilet) were in its own little room; Looked like a room out of the 60's. I got into the bed, and the smell of 'cigarettes and smoking' filled my lungs. The room number sign outside the room said non-smoking room, yet it wreaked! Ugh! If it wasn't for the fact that my 1 year old was sleeping and we were tired too, i would have called to switch rooms. The bed was fine, not uncomfortable, but not comfortable either. The next morning I needed to make a phone call and the phone wouldn't work. They sent their 'phone engineer', ie. the maintenance guy to fix the problem and he couldn't. Then she checked us out and back in and voila!, the phone worked. Continental breakfast included cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and muffins. The guy that maintains the breakfast area was friendly, and seemed to be trying to entertain everyone with his bubbly personality. I guess he knows people must be kicking themselves the next morning for staying there. Overall, would I come back? Probably not, unless there were no other hotels available nearby and I desperately needed to close my eyes. I think I'd rather take my chances navigating around NYC at night! This hotel needs some serious updates!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ursula W
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Carpet was torn, sink was coming loose. It took me 15 minutes of running the tap to get warm water. Note I did not say Hot water. AC was stuck on ice cold and there was a sheet with a very thin blanket on it. When I called from LAG it took three attempts to get a person who was quite short with me on the phone like I was bugging her. Van driver was very polite and nice. Thumbs up to him. Breakfast was okay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank will19
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Following a trans-Atlantic flight with a 5 hour time change that arrived at JFK, had to transfer to LaGuardia and stay overnight for our connection. We were looking forward to a real, non-airplane, meal and some sleep. Upon arrival, hotel looked nothing like promo pix with no round tower in site. We arrived to find out the restaurant had been permanently closed and even the bar had no food. There are no restaurants nearby so the front desk nicely offers some menus for pizza delivery, etc. It was pouring and we were tired so no dinner. Room was dirty around the edges of the carpet with a sticky bathroom floor. Night stand light was unplugged and reaching behind the headboard to plug it in was not a pleasant experience -- yuck! In the morning, "Continental Breakfast" had no protein, just carbs, so we escaped at 0-dark-early over to LGA for our noon flight so we could get some food.

Linens appeared to be clean, free Internet worked well and air conditioning, albeit noisy and without precise temperature controls, worked, but unless you need to save money and just have a few hours sleep, go somewhere else. There are other brand name hotels in nearby.

Room Tip: We never saw the beautiful round tower shown in all their promotional pieces. Maybe they have nicer...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple