“Perfect for Us”

LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Four of us were vacationing and had never been to New York before. We flew in to LaGuardia at 7 p.m. and needed 2 separate rooms for just one night and this hotel turned out to be exactly what we were looking for. After reading a couple of the negative reviews, I was a little nervous. Our main concern is always cleanliness and both rooms were very clean and had everything that we needed. I don't know how anyone could find as nice a room for the very reasonable price we paid. After booking, I was a little concerned about the traffic and getting to Penn Station in time the next morning for our Amtrak connection. I looked in to getting rooms around Penn Station so we wouldn't have to worry about the traffic and making connections the next morning but every hotel that had vacancies was at least $200 more a night. We were very pleased

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 March 2009

We paid $77 a night for which we got a perfectly decent room with a new mattress, nice toiletries and a good, hot shower. The room was insulated from noise. We're talking one night before a flight. It's a no-brainer.

We discovered the bar, which was attractive and friendly (try the Blue Point lager). The shuttle was clean and on time and the staff, as everyone points out, was exceedingly helpful and friendly.

If you see my other reviews, I'm very, very fussy. In context (i.e. the price and use of the room), this place was perfect.
Oh- a cab to Astoria Chinatown is $20.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosanna T
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We recently had to spend a few hours in this Hotel as our BA flight from London to Miami was cancelled and as we were due to join a cruise from Ft Lauderdale the next day BA managed to get us to JFK where we had to book Delta flights the next day to Ft Lauderdale. BA booked us into this Hotel to get some sleep!! We didn't check in until 02.30 and had to be back to La Guardia Airport at 05.00 to catch the 07.05 Delta flight to Ft Lauderdale. Room was extremely shabby, the bathroom door was falling off it's hinges and although the front desk had been refurbished it doesn't look as though the rooms had been touched for many years., Would I stay there out of choice? no not in a thousand years.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Raymondo111
Reviewed 20 December 2008

I stayed here with my daughter in November 2008 for a girls trip to NYC. The hotel provided free shuttle service to and from the airport as well as the local bus stop. This enabled us to get into the city without any problems. The hotel isn't new, but it was clean with very good amenties. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank lex_vegas
Reviewed 25 November 2008

I was a bit nervous about this hotel at first. A "no-name brand" hotel in New York - it was bound to be terrible. I was SO WRONG! For the price, this is a little hotel that can and does impress. Not so much for ambiance or added features or extras, but in the personality and friendliness of the staff. A+++

I am a very particular and considered a "high maintenance" individual, so there was reason to be concerned about a "cheap" hotel that was less than 1 mile from LaGuardia Airport and only 9 miles from Mid-Town Manhattan. The digs are nice. Sure, it's not as pristine at a Hyatt but at 1/4 of the price - I can deal with that.

The room was clean - the staff....AMAZINGLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL, the ammenities were decent (hey - they even gave "RUSK" products in the bathroom!)

Overall - if you are looking for a decent place to stay (and c'mon how much time do you really spend in the room in NYC??) that is affordable...this is your place!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jpb2525
Reviewed 5 November 2008

At first I was tentative about this hotel because of the fantastic price- 60 through Expedia- and its proximity to the LaGuardia Airport, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The staff as all very friendly- I have no idea how many times I had to call for directions, and each time they were exceedingly helpful. The lobby was nice and clean. The room and bath were very clean and spacious. I second a previous review- the Chinese food that delivers to the hotel is awesome! There is a convenient car service, as well as shuttle from the airport.

Pros- Almost everything
Cons- slightly difficult to get to

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onedaymore
Reviewed 31 October 2008

I like to stay in this hotel because of the price and the fairly clean rooms. Hotel attendants are all very kind and helpful. The only thing I felt sorry about was that the bathtub was clogged because i think it was people's hair, and it was disgusting. It never get fixed during my 3 night long stay. Also they billed the same movie twice. What happened was that I didn't watch the beginning part of the movie because i was doing something else, but when i got back and tried to watch it from the beginning, it didn't let me replay the movie from the beginning. After the first round, when I press the button to replay, the TV screen said no charge to replay-- $0.00, then all of a sudden when i was checking out, i saw the movie was billed twice. If I had known that I was gonna be billed twice, i would have never done that. I was little upset. Also don't ask the counter for the taxi, because what they get you is not a yellow-cab, and it's gonna charge you double or more the amount what you'd pay for yellow cab travel. And the neighborhood is not so safe. There's no supermarket or any grocery store nearby. If you are traveling alone, walking around the neighborhood by yourself for food or bus could be dangerous. There's a hotdog vendor in front of the hotel, but I mean what kind of a girl likes to eat that kind of food??

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business