“Average....just average!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Patchogue, NY
“Average....just average!”
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I only needed to stay at this hotel because my flight was cancelled and I had nowhere to stay overnight. The prices were decent. The location was excellent.
They have a restaurant which was actually pretty darn good too. I was so scared to stay here because it isn't a chain hotel, but I really was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very helpful as were the waiters/waitresses in the restaurant and the employees that run the shuttle service.
My only complaints: the bathroom felt almost non-existent (super small) and as weird as this may sound, the place felt a little frail. I don't know if that is due to it being older and/or near an airport and major roadway, but sometimes, I felt like the hotel could crumble at any moment. I'm sorry but it was just a weird feeling I picked up from walking through the hallways. It seems like an older place that the owner tries hard to keep up with.
Overall, I would stay there if I was traveling and my flight was cancelled. I think this hotel is only meant for one to two day stays and for travelers.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Quick shuttle pickup from airport, staff was very helpful

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I booked this hotel based on the information on their web site. I expected a clean reasonably priced hotel with no frills. I was visiting from overseas and had planned to stay 13 nights as I was attending a training course at the Laguardia Airport.

Generally the hotel corridors and lifts were unkept and in a number of cases downright dirty with carpets that looked like they had not been cleaned in years.

The first room that I was allocated smelt and had paint pealing from the ceiling. It took inspection of two further rooms before I found one that appeared to be suitable.

I decided to have lunch at the restaurant. I chose a turkey burger. The quality of the food was poor. The burger was tough and the meal was overpriced for the quality.

After a sleep in the afternoon, with aircraft noise and other problems I decided that I had had enough and checked out at 6.30pm that night to go to another hotel which unfortunately turned out to be no better although the price was considerably more.

To be fair they refunded the cost of the room and only charged half price for the meal.

I am not a fussy guest. I just want good clean accommodation and reasonable quality meals. I found neither at this hotel.

Dont stay here even if your desperate. Believe me it is not worth it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I could not believe the smell of the room. It was awful! The hotel is very old, the bed is big, lights, electronic and electric equipment are old. It is very close to La Guardia Airport, and the hotel have a free shuttle every 30 min to the airport. Even if it was for free I would not stayed again. One of the worst hotels that I seen.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed in all kinds of very expensive hotels. Some have good service, most don't. This mid-sized, older airport hotel has terrific, friendly staff. From the shuttle driver to the maid, everyone was helpful and pleasant. The food was also good. The rooms were clean and quiet.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Taylorsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I liked the hotel. It was clean and the employees were very helpful. We did have a problem with the air conditioning the 2nd day we were there. They sent someone up very quickly to fix it but were unable to so they switched us to another room. I will say that the lobby looked a lot better than the room did. The rooms look a little old and outdated. It's in a pretty good location if you are flying in to the LaGuardia Airport because you can get a hotel shuttle to pick you up. However, in order to get into downtown New York you will have to take the shuttle to the airport, then take a bus to their last stop, then get on the subway to go downtown. I found out after I got home that if you stay in nearby New Jersey you can get a shuttle that will take you straight downtown. This would have been a lot more convenient and probably cheaper too.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Lyme, NH
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Stayed here one night before flying out of LGA.

Pluses:
- Cheap, close, and clean.
- Staff pleasant and helpful.
- And did I mention cheap?

Minuses:
- Noisy.
- Blinds didn’t block the light
- Not in good condition (shower drain broken, for example).

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple