“You get what you pay for!!”

and 1 more site!
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Dallas
“You get what you pay for!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Pros: Location - if using Laguardia Airport, this is the best hotel.
Cons: Everything else. THIS HOTEL HAS NO AIR CONDITIONING. The hotel room windows are sealed shut with some strange clear glue so you cannot open them to enjoy the cool spring air. We checked in and our room was a blazing 73C from the afternoon sun but the policy is no AC till official summer kicks in . WHAAAAAT?? Im calling NY health dept tomorrow!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thomas1t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 31 March 2010

This is the hotel you stay at if you need to be close to LaGuardia - period. Outside of that, I can't imagine any reason to stay here. It's not the worst hotel, but nowhere near a great hotel either. Starting with the check in. Since we were going to be leaving NY out of LaGuardia on Tuesday, on a Monday I booked a double room through expedia. When we got there and checked in (which took about 15 minutes), the clerk had put us in a room with a king. Back to the lobby and try again. This time we got our double and was she ever a beauty...not. The room was old, dated and worn. Fixtures in bathroom seem original (circa 1970) - so old that when trying to use the water control valves in the shower, it was difficult to adjust the water temperature in less than 20 degree increments. Rest of the bathroom was the typical, old, broken tile, dated look, so popular with hotels of this vintage/location.

It was raining when we were there, and the carpets near the windows were wet. The top of the TV wardrobe was dusty - floors were dirty and stinky. And as some other reviewers have said, there's no way to completely close the curtains over the heater/air conditioner unit, which is just plain dumb. Especially when you have a room facing the expressway, with a big street light from the parking lot shining directly into your room like we did. Beds are old, springy and uncomfortable. Coffee maker didn't really work and leaked water all over the counter.

Location to the airport is great - location for getting to anything else is marginal. During the daytime, we ended up walking up 94th to Bucaneers Diner (which was ok, nothing great, but much better than you'd think when you see the sign - which when walking you do before seeing the actual building). Don't know that I'd want to do that walk in the dark - didn't seem like the safest of neighborhoods, but hey you are near the airport, so I guess it's to be expected. Best thing about the hotel was the free shuttle to the airport. Quick, comfortable and convenient, running every 30 minutes, starting at 4:30AM.

Most of the staff were rather clueless, uncaring and unhelpful, except for Lisa, who genuinely helped us with accurate and helpful information and assistance.

I guess I'd classify this hotel as a typical airport hotel - great location for getting to the aiport, not great for much else.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pordan
Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Let us establish some ground rules before you read this review.

First of all, like most people staying here, you need to be near LaGuardia airport in connection with a flight, or for another reason. You are not staying here to enjoy the scenic attractions of East Elmhurst, Queens. You are not staying here to enjoy a hotel spa or be pampered by five star room service. In short, what you need is a clean, low cost, efficient hotel close to LaGuardia, with some basic amenities and service. You will get this here and more.

I found this hotel on Expedia and called them directly to make a reservation for two nights. I always go direct. The price was very inexpensive, the least expensive out of all the airport hotels, and the reviews were the same. So I thought I would try it.

Let's begin. My flight arrived at 10 at night on a Saturday. I called the hotel from the reservation panel by luggage at LaGuardia. They told me to take a cab to their hotel at their expense ($5.00) since the shuttle was off doing something else. That was nice of them

The staff at this hotel is charming. You will read similar comments here. They even gave me a coke because they had a can free in their fridge. This has to be the most polite hotel staff i have ever seen in New York.

I expected a dumpy but livable room. My room instead was up to date, with a nice spotlessly clean bathroom that had upscale shampoo and soap. The television was big and worked. This room would go for $200 a night minimum 15 minutes away in Manhattan.

There is one complaint here about the hotel having bed bugs. There are no bedbugs at this hotel. I am highly sensitive to these. Check here to see for yourself. This site lists all complaints about these things in New York. This hotel is not listed.

The food in the hotel is OK and very inexpensive; under 10 dollars for most items. However, there is a place outside called Mikes - a mobile restaurant- that makes nice cheap subs. You can eat there. you can also take a 10 - 15 dollar cab to nearby Astoria for good Greek food if you wish.

I found the hotel quiet, but since there are no night time flights there, of course it would be - I slept at night.

What needs to be improved- new elevators would help, the ones they have are a bit old and slow. the hallways need new carpeting and paper. However, i would rather save $20.00 and live with this then have the hotel remodel and raise prices.

This is a great find. I would even consider staying here if I were touring in Manhattan and needed a clean cheap place to stay , and take a cab in for the way. A cab ride to Manhattan should be more than $35,00 from this hotel. If you are with someone, you might want to spend the $70 a day on two cab rides, if the price of the room is good enough. Try to get a yellow cab outside and not an expensive car service to do this.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Eddihaskell
Patchogue, NY
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I only needed to stay at this hotel because my flight was cancelled and I had nowhere to stay overnight. The prices were decent. The location was excellent.
They have a restaurant which was actually pretty darn good too. I was so scared to stay here because it isn't a chain hotel, but I really was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very helpful as were the waiters/waitresses in the restaurant and the employees that run the shuttle service.
My only complaints: the bathroom felt almost non-existent (super small) and as weird as this may sound, the place felt a little frail. I don't know if that is due to it being older and/or near an airport and major roadway, but sometimes, I felt like the hotel could crumble at any moment. I'm sorry but it was just a weird feeling I picked up from walking through the hallways. It seems like an older place that the owner tries hard to keep up with.
Overall, I would stay there if I was traveling and my flight was cancelled. I think this hotel is only meant for one to two day stays and for travelers.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Quick shuttle pickup from airport, staff was very helpful

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed 15 December 2009

I booked this hotel based on the information on their web site. I expected a clean reasonably priced hotel with no frills. I was visiting from overseas and had planned to stay 13 nights as I was attending a training course at the Laguardia Airport.

Generally the hotel corridors and lifts were unkept and in a number of cases downright dirty with carpets that looked like they had not been cleaned in years.

The first room that I was allocated smelt and had paint pealing from the ceiling. It took inspection of two further rooms before I found one that appeared to be suitable.

I decided to have lunch at the restaurant. I chose a turkey burger. The quality of the food was poor. The burger was tough and the meal was overpriced for the quality.

After a sleep in the afternoon, with aircraft noise and other problems I decided that I had had enough and checked out at 6.30pm that night to go to another hotel which unfortunately turned out to be no better although the price was considerably more.

To be fair they refunded the cost of the room and only charged half price for the meal.

I am not a fussy guest. I just want good clean accommodation and reasonable quality meals. I found neither at this hotel.

Dont stay here even if your desperate. Believe me it is not worth it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I could not believe the smell of the room. It was awful! The hotel is very old, the bed is big, lights, electronic and electric equipment are old. It is very close to La Guardia Airport, and the hotel have a free shuttle every 30 min to the airport. Even if it was for free I would not stayed again. One of the worst hotels that I seen.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to LaGuardia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!